Mitsubishi Outlander, costing Rs.2.02 mn, drives into IndiaOctober 3rd, 2008 - 8:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 3 (IANS) Hindustan Motors and Mitsubishi Motors launched the Outlander, a crossover sports utility vehicle (SUV) from the Mitsubishi stable, here Friday.The car, priced at Rs.2.02 million (Rs.20.2 lakh) and which the company showcased at the Auto Expo 2008, has already sold 300,000 units in North America, Japan, Australia and the European markets.
Friday’s launch in the Indian capital marks its debut in the country.
The four-wheel drive (4WD) vehicle is powered by a 2.4-litre 16-valve petrol engine giving the car a maximum power of 170 ps/6,000 rpm.
“The Outlander is based on a new platform and its 2.4-litre engine has a capability to get 7 percent extra acceleration and 10 percent extra fuel efficiency as compared to conventional engines,” Tetsuro Aikawa, managing director (products, strategy and development) of Mitsubishi Group, said.
“The car is very fuel-efficient as compared to other SUVs and has a capability of 10.3 kilometres per litre under test conditions,” said Hindustan Motors chairman C.K. Birla.
“We launched Outlander in India in keeping with the policy of offering the latest from the Mitsubishi stable to the Indian consumers,” he added. “This vehicle has all that needs to be a winner and will strengthen the Mitsubishi brand as the leader amongst premium SUVs.”
The crossover SUV has a six-speed transmission powered by paddle shift on steering wheel.
- New variant of Hyundai's Santa Fe SUV launched - Sep 26, 2011
- Hindustan Motors and Mitsubishi Motors launch their joint venture, Mitsubishi Outlander - Oct 03, 2008
- Hindustan Motors upgrades Mitsubishi Montero - Apr 16, 2012
- Hindustan Motors to launch premium sedan Lancer Evolution X - Sep 30, 2010
- Tata Motors unveils Safari variant, concept cars - Jan 05, 2012
- General Motors launch Captiva SUV's new model - Jun 26, 2012
- Mahindra launches premium sports utility vehicle XUV500 - Sep 29, 2011
- Tata Motor's launches Aria 4x2 - Aug 02, 2011
- Mahindra receives more than 5,000 bookings for XUV5OO - Oct 07, 2011
- Tata Motors launches crossover car Aria - Oct 18, 2010
- Toyata launches seventh generation Camry - Aug 24, 2012
- Diesel cars beat hybrids in fuel efficiency - May 06, 2011
- BMW launches sports utility vehicle X1 - Dec 23, 2010
- Hindustan Motors expects turnaround by 2010-11 end - Aug 10, 2010
- Renault launches SUV Koleos in India - Sep 08, 2011