Miss India World accorded a warm reception at native village in KeralaApril 19th, 2008 - 6:11 pm ICT by admin
Madapally (Kerala), Apr 19 (ANI): The winner of Pantaloons Femina Miss India, World 2008 crown, Parvathy Omanakuttan is accorded a warm welcome in her native village in Kerala.
Parvathy, who won the Miss India title earlier this month, was in Kerala with her mother and younger brother. They headed straight for the Madapally Bhagavathi temple and offered prayers. The family also offered prayers at the famous Parthasarthy temple at Aranmulla.
Elated over the warm reception in her native village, Parvathy said, she would work hard to make her hometown and her country proud at the Miss World Pageant.
It is great feeling altogether and I’m happy because I’m able to see happiness in the eyes of Malayalees all around me. I will be working hard for the Miss World competition and I’ll try my level best to make all the Malayalees and all the Indians all over the world proud,” said Parvathy.
For the Madapally born, Mumbai bred beauty, whose role models have been former beauty queens Sushmita Sen and Aishwarya Rai, winning the contest was a dream come true.
The Femina Miss India Pageant with its 45-year-old legacy is the oldest and most credible beauty pageant in India. The pageant reflects the mind and soul of today’s woman.
The pageant has launched many a face like Sushmita Sen, Aishwarya Rai, Lara Dutta, and Priyanka Chopra to name a few, who have carved a niche for themselves not only in Bollywood but also across the globe. (ANI)
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- (after 1)International titles evade Indian girls -- wonder why? - Sep 14, 2011
- Kanishtha Dhankhar crowned Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2011 - Apr 15, 2011
- Mixed feelings at ancestral home of Parvathy Omanakuttan - Dec 14, 2008
- Sushmita congratulates Parul for bringing honour to India (With Images) - Dec 28, 2011
- Sushmita hails Himangini's win as best gift - Jun 22, 2012
- India makes it to top five at Miss Asia Pacific World - Oct 16, 2011
- India has more beauty queens than most countries: Diana - Jun 14, 2012
- No Bollywood plans as yet: Vasuki Sunkavalli (With Image) - Jul 18, 2011
- 'Umrao Jaan' is Manasvi Mamgai's dream role - Aug 22, 2010
- I'm focussed on Miss World title: Vanya Mishra - Jun 23, 2012
- Hard work finally paid off: India's Miss Asia Pacific finalist - Oct 17, 2011
- Aishwarya will be a beautiful mum: Sushmita - Jun 30, 2011
- Manasvi Mamgai is Miss India World 2010 - May 01, 2010
- Preity thanks SRK, Manisha Koirala 'Dil se' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: aishwarya rai, beauty pageant, beauty queens, bollywood, femina miss india, happiness, hometown, india world, indians, lara dutta, miss world competition, miss world pageant, niche, pantaloons femina miss india, prayers, priyanka chopra, role models, sushmita sen, warm reception, warm welcome