Minimum support prices for pulses, wheat raisedOctober 20th, 2010 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 20 (IANS) The government Wednesday raised the minimum support prices (MSP) of gram and masur dal by Rs.340 and Rs.389 a quintal respectively and that of wheat by Rs.20.
The decision to raise the MSP of various Rabi crops was taken at a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The MSP for 2010-11 Rabi crops, to be marketed in 2011-12, was raised on the recommendations of the Commission for Agriculture Cost and Prices (CACP), said an official statement.
The Rs.380 hike in MSP for masur would fetch farmers in 2011-12 a minimum of Rs.2,250 a quintal, while a quintal of gram would be selling at the minimum price of Rs.2,100.
Similarly, quintal of wheat would be fetching a MSP of Rs.1,120, said the statement, adding that the MSP for barley too has been raised by Rs.30 to Rs.780 a quintal from Rs.750 a quintal.
As per the CCAP recommendation, the CCEA also approved raising mustard and rapeseed MSPs by Rs.20 and safflower by Rs.120 a quintal.
“The prices of other oilseeds belonging to the rapeseed or mustard group will be fixed on the basis of their normal market price differentials with rapeseed or mustard,” said the statement.
In the case of cereals, the Food Corporation of India and other designated state agencies will continue to provide price support to the farmers, as in the past, the statement said.
The National Agricultural Co-operatrive Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED) will continue to be the nodal agency for procurement of oilseeds and pulses, it said, adding that losses, if any, would be fully reimbursed by the union government.
- MSP hiked to boost food production - Oct 25, 2011
- CPSEs should need mandatory listing of 10 per cent public ownership: Govt. - Nov 05, 2009
- Haryana seeks Rs.1,275 per quintal minimum price for wheat - May 10, 2010
- Cabinet decides to raise minimum support price for Rabi crop - Oct 20, 2010
- Minimum support price for wheat raised - Jan 29, 2009
- Cabinet hikes rice purchase price to Rs.1,280 per quintal - Jun 14, 2012
- Support price for wheat hiked by Rs.20 - Nov 05, 2009
- Centre's bonus on wheat unjustified: Badal - Apr 16, 2011
- Haryana seeks Rs.1,800 MSP for paddy - Feb 17, 2012
- Increase milk, vegetables production to curb food inflation: Thomas - Oct 30, 2011
- Akali Dal rejects hike in paddy, cotton MSP - Jun 01, 2012
- Badal rejects new minimum price for wheat - Oct 08, 2011
- Badal terms wheat MSP hike pathetic - Oct 25, 2011
- Badal protests meagre hike in paddy support price - Jun 10, 2010
- Hooda seeks Rs.200 bonus on paddy - Oct 06, 2011
Tags: cabinet committee, food corporation of india, india limited, manmohan singh, marketing federation, masur, msps, nafed, nodal agency, oilseeds, price differentials, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, quintal, rabi crops, rapeseed, rs 120, rs 2, safflower, union government