MindTree net dips 40 percent yearly, recovers sequentially (Lead)January 18th, 2011 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Jan 18 (IANS) Leading IT and product engineering services firm MindTree Ltd posted net profit of Rs.305 million (Rs.30.5 crore) for third quarter (October-December) of this fiscal (2010-11), a decline of 40 percent year-on-year (YoY) from Rs.505 million though 31 percent higher sequentially from Rs.233 million.In a regulator filing Tuesday, the Bangalore-based company said revenue, however, grew 16 percent YoY to Rs.3.85 billion, but remained flat sequentially with a marginal decline of 0.1 percent.
In dollar terms too, net income declined 41 percent YoY to $6.73 million but shot up 35 percent sequentially from second quarter.
Similarly, revenue grew 21 percent YoY to $85.3 million, which is 3.5 percent higher sequentially.
“Our IT services business continues to show good growth momentum with a 7.6 percent sequential growth. We are also beginning to see growth trend in product engineering services,” chief executive Krishna Kumar Natarajan said in a statement here.
The decade-old high-tech company has 269 customers, including 48 from Fortune 500 clients.
“In line with growth prospects and demand for talent, the company added 1,021 people to take its headcount to 9,671.
“We have completed the restructuring of the wireless business at a cost of $3.7 million, which is lower than the original estimate of $12-14 million made in the beginning of the quarter under review,” Kumar said.
- MindTree net dips 43 percent yearly, recovers sequentially - Jan 18, 2011
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- MindTree net dips 72 percent in first quarter - Jul 19, 2010
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- MindTree co-founder chairman quits - Jan 29, 2011
- MindTree net plunges 53 percent in fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 21, 2011
- Infosys beats guidance but stock dips on muted earnings - Jul 12, 2011
- Infosys beats guidance, revises outlook again - Oct 12, 2011
- Infosys net up 10 percent in second quarter - Oct 12, 2011
- MindTree net zooms 135 percent in second quarter - Oct 17, 2011
- Infosys net up 27 percent in fourth quarter - Apr 13, 2012
- Wipro's IT outlook remains flat on marginal growth (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Huge forex loss hits MindTree net in fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: crore, decline, dips, dollar terms, engineering services, fortune 500, growth momentum, growth prospects, growth trend, headcount, krishna kumar, natarajan, net income, net profit, product engineering, second quarter, sequential growth, services business, wireless business, yoy