MindTree acquires majority stake in AztecsoftMay 2nd, 2008 - 9:48 pm ICT by admin
Bangalore, May 2 (IANS) Global IT service firm MindTree Ltd is acquiring around 33 percent equity (1.5 million shares) in Aztecsoft Ltd for Rs.1.72 billion ($43 million) for a majority stake in the Bangalore-based software firm, the company said here Friday. In a notification to the National Stock Exchange (NSE), the Rs.7.6 billion MindTree said it would also make an open offer to Aztecsoft’s shareholders to buy an additional 20 percent equity holding. Morgan Stanely India has been appointed to manage the open offer.
“MindTree is acquiring the entire equity stake of E4E Holdings Ltd at Rs.80 per share, which values Aztecsoft at an equity valuation of $90 million (Rs.3.6 billion). Post-acquisition, MindTree will merge Aztecsoft with itself,” the company said in a statement later.
As a leader in the outsourced product development and testing markets, Aztecsoft provides full lifecycle product engineering, testing and professional services to application and infrastructure software vendors, besides new media and Internet-based firms. It has 2,100 employees.
“Aztecsoft acquisition is a momentous occasion for us. It is aligned with our values, culture and corporate governance. We believe this buy will be beneficial for customers, people and shareholders of both the organisations,” MindTree chairman and managing director Ashok Soota said.
Aztecsoft CEO Samir Bodas said the merger with MindTree would enable the company to offer its customers newer services and solutions.
“As a differentiated leader in OPD (outsourced product development) and testing spaces, we will be positioned as the best product engineering and independent testing services firm in India,” Bodas said.
Incidentally, both firms were founded by former headhonchos of Indian IT bellwether Wipro Ltd.
- MindTree foermer co-founder floats new IT venture - Apr 05, 2011
- German executive Albert Hieronimus new MindTree chairman - Apr 01, 2011
- MindTree co-founder chairman quits - Jan 29, 2011
- Outgoing Soota not to divest MindTree stake for now - Mar 25, 2011
- MindTree elevates co-founder Subroto Bagchi as chairman - Feb 29, 2012
- Huge forex loss hits MindTree net in fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 21, 2011
- iGate acquires majority stake in Patni Computers - Jan 10, 2011
- MindTree net zooms 135 percent in second quarter - Oct 17, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam to acquire minority stake in Dion Global - Feb 10, 2012
- Polaris Software acquires US firm for $20 mn - Apr 27, 2011
- Volvo India buys out partner in joint bus venture - Dec 06, 2010
- Volvo India buys out partner's stake in bus JV (Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Indian IT firms look to Europe to diversify business - Sep 15, 2010
- US venture fund invests $15 million in Indian IT firm - Feb 15, 2012
- Wipro buying US firm's IT business for $150 mn - Apr 01, 2011
Tags: ashok, aztecsoft, bellwether, bodas, corporate governance, e4e, equity stake, equity valuation, infrastructure software, majority stake, mindtree, momentous occasion, morgan stanely, national stock exchange, outsourced product development, product engineering, samir, software firm, software vendors, wipro ltd