Milk Marketing Federation in Gujarat records Rs. 67.10 billion turnoverApril 4th, 2009 - 6:00 pm ICT by ANI
By Ami Sharma
Anand (Gujarat), Apr 4 (ANI): Inspite of economic recession, Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF), popularly known as Amul, in Anand, has recorded a turnover of Rs. 67.10 billion for the fiscal 2008-2009.
The Cooperative has been recording impressive growth for the last four years.
“In last four years we are growing at a rate more than 20 per cent, and some time 30 per cent. This year, we have got about 28 per cent growth and last year turnover was Rs. 67.10 billion approximately,” said B.M Vyas, MD, GCMMF.
Vyas said that recession has mainly hit markets like real estate, but has not affected the food business.
“We are in a fundamental food business and fortunately if you keep the prices under control and keep your cost under control then this is an essential commodity. I don’t think recession should affect this category substantially,” he added.
For the last three years, milk collection in Gujarat is going up by 10-12 per centconsistently.
The Cooperative is the apex marketing body of 13 district milk unions of Gujarat having 2.7 million producer members. It works for providing remunerative returns to the farmers and also serves the interest of consumers by providing quality products.
Today, India is not only the largest milk producing nation in the world, but also self-reliant in terms of milk and milk products. (ANI)
- Vyas retires from Gujarat milk cooperative - Jun 30, 2010
- Amul to revamp its chocolate products - May 24, 2012
- Amul notches Rs.6,700 crore turnover - Apr 02, 2009
- Verghese Kurien: the architect of India's White Revolution (Obituary) - Sep 09, 2012
- GCMMF announces record sales of Rs. 8005 crores - Aug 18, 2010
- Israel Consul General visits GCMMF, Amul Dairy - Oct 08, 2010
- AMUL plants 10 million trees in Gujarat under Amul Green Campaign on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2010
- Father of White Revolution Verghese Kurien is dead (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Amul, now a billion dollar Co-Operative enterprise - Jun 23, 2008
- Kurien an icon of dairy movement: PM - Sep 09, 2012
- Amul inspires Kashmir milk farmers - Jan 13, 2009
- Amul crosses Rs.50 bn mark - Jun 18, 2008
- Amul's India: The 50-year-campaign in fine print (IANS BOOKS) - Jun 15, 2012
- Amul eyes Rs.65 bn turnover this fiscal - Feb 25, 2009
- Amul to plant 6.5 mn saplings on Independence Day - Aug 05, 2008
Tags: amul, anand, apex, commodity, cooperative, economic recession, food business, fundamental food, gcmmf, gujarat, impressive growth, inspite, marketing federation, milk collection, milk marketing, milk products, producer members, quality products, turnover, vyas