MIDC to set up 15 truck terminals across MaharashtraOctober 4th, 2010 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 4 (IANS) The Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) is developing 15 truck terminals across the state to improve the transport and supply chain network.
“It is very critical that the transport network, which is the wheel of economic prosperity for the state, moves like a well oiled machine. The truck terminal project is thus an important ingredient to maintain an unhindered supply chain,” K. Shivaji, MIDC chief executive, said here Monday.
The project will be completed in two phases. Seven truck terminals are coming up in the first phase, construction of which will be completed in the next two years.
The sites identified for these are Latur, Patalganga, Chakan, Taloja, Waluj, Talegaon and Ranjangaon.
“All being industrially high density areas, commissioning of well planned truck terminals at these locations will substantially help improve efficacy and speed of cargo/raw materials movement,” Shivaji said.
Besides providing localised employment, the truck terminals will also provide an integrated state-of-the-art facility, including amenities like truck parking, transit and transhipment for goods and trucks, facilities to crew, transport agency offices, vehicles repairs and maintenance and related activities.
In the second phase, eight other truck terminals will come up, the bids for which will be invited soon.
“This will ensure continued economic prosperity for Maharashtra,” said Shivaji.
- Kochi now connected to Europe by ship - Nov 14, 2011
- Mahindra Navistar to beef up product distribution range - Jan 24, 2011
- Mumbai oil depot fire under control, no casualties (Lead) - Jan 18, 2011
- Pakistan-India border saw $154,000 trade on single day - Feb 19, 2012
- Tube Investments eyes Rs.500 crore revenue - Dec 07, 2011
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- Daimler to replicate India outsouring model in other plants - Nov 02, 2010
- Central Railway fire halts Mumbai (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Shutdown near-total in Mumbai, most of Maharashtra (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Shutdown near-total in Mumbai, most of Maharashtra (Second lead) - May 31, 2012
- China eyes 'comprehensive' transport network - Mar 21, 2012
- General Motors to commission powertrain engine plant - Sep 03, 2010
- Cross-LOC trade helps outsiders more, say Jammu locals - Mar 14, 2011
- Fiat to open stand-alone showrooms in 20 cities - Sep 06, 2011
- Kochi connected to China via weekly cargo vessel - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: art facility, density areas, economic prosperity, efficacy, high density, mumbai, patalganga, phase eight, raw materials, second phase, shivaji, supply chain network, talegaon, terminal project, transhipment, transport agency, transport network, truck terminal, truck terminals, well oiled machine