Microsoft quarterly earnings top estimatesApril 20th, 2012 - 1:42 pm ICT by IANS
San Francisco, April 20 (IANS) Microsoft Thursday reported a modest revenue increase and profit decline in its quarterly earnings with numbers still topping analysts’ estimates.
For the quarter ending March 31, the software giant reported quarterly revenue of $17.41 billion, a 6 percent increase on a year-on-year basis, reported Xinhua.
“We’re driving toward exciting launches across the entire company, while delivering strong financial results,” said Steve Ballmer, chief executive officer at Microsoft.
“With the upcoming release of new Windows 8 PCs and tablets, the next version of Office, and a wide array of products and services for the enterprise and consumers, we will be delivering exceptional value to all our customers in the year ahead.”
- Microsoft reports first loss in 26 years - Jul 20, 2012
- Microsoft buys Yammer for $1.2 bn - Jun 26, 2012
- Windows 8 heads to computer manufacturers - Aug 02, 2012
- Will Microsoft buy BlackBerry to take on Apple? - May 06, 2011
- HP quarterly profit plunges - Nov 22, 2011
- HP posts decline of quarterly profit, sales - Feb 23, 2012
- Windows 8 for PCs, tablets next year - May 24, 2011
- BRIC revenues help push IBM profits - Apr 18, 2012
- Microsoft to acquire multitouch display maker - Jul 10, 2012
- Microsoft bets big on cloud, more interactive technologies - May 26, 2011
- Android's big share of global tablet shipments in Q4 2011 - Jan 27, 2012
- Google reports strong second-quarter earnings - Jul 20, 2012
- Microsoft And HP Joining Hands To Combat iPad - Jul 23, 2010
- Intel quarterly profit drops - Apr 18, 2012
- Yahoo to acquire Interclick for $270 mn - Nov 02, 2011