Microsoft launches Office 2010 for global customersMay 13th, 2010 - 5:35 am ICT by IANS
San Francisco, May 13 (IANS) Software giant Microsoft Corp. has rolled out its latest version of application software, Office 2010, for customers across the world.
The company also announced Wednesday the release of Microsoft SharePoint 2010, a web-based collaboration software, as well as the new version of diagramming programme and project management software, Xinhua reported.
“Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 define the future of productivity,” Stephen Elop, president of Microsoft’s business division, said.
“With the 2010 set of products, organisations will save, innovate and grow as their people benefit from working across the PC, phone and browser,” Elop said in a statement.
The launch of Office 2010 also marked the debut of Office Web Apps, which includes web-based versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote, and it enables users to edit and share documents online.
The Office Web Apps, which is seen as Microsoft’s answer to Google Inc.’s Web-based applications, is expected to hit the retail stores in June.
- Microsoft, Google win Indian developer awards - Apr 18, 2012
- Office 2010: Did Microsoft get it right? - May 14, 2010
- Google launches 'cloud' service - Apr 25, 2012
- Google Sues US Government for Exclusion of Contract - Nov 03, 2010
- Microsoft announces automatic upgrades for Internet Explorer - Dec 16, 2011
- Microsoft to launch Office 2010 for Indian users in June - Mar 18, 2010
- Microsoft unveils new email service - Aug 01, 2012
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- IE 9 Public Beta Ready For Release, But Can It Beat Google Chrome? - Aug 22, 2010
- Google unveils internet television plan - May 21, 2010
- Google announces cloud-computing service - Jun 29, 2012
- Windows 8 heads to computer manufacturers - Aug 02, 2012
- Google buys Instagram rival Snapseed - Sep 18, 2012
- Google buys Quickoffice - Jun 06, 2012
- Indian-owned mobile music company bought by Google - Apr 12, 2011
Tags: application software, business division, global customers, google, google inc, launch, microsoft corp, microsoft launches office, microsoft sharepoint, office web, onenote, project management software, software giant microsoft, software office, stephen elop, web apps, web based collaboration, web based collaboration software, word excel powerpoint, xinhua