Microsoft launches Microsoft Dynamics AX for retail in IndiaFebruary 28th, 2011 - 2:37 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi,Feb.28 (ANI): (ANI-Business Wire India): Microsoft India today announced the launch of Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail, a focused offering for the Indian retail sector.
This solution offers a consolidated, integrated system that promises the capabilities of a stronger profitable retail supply chain and connected retailing to significantly reduce business complexities.
Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail brings for enterprise and midsized specialty retailers a deep level of integration across point of sale, store management, supply chain, merchandising and financials, to deliver business productivity while enhancing customer service through a single integrated solution.
“With key industry verticals such as retail evolving aggressively, customized vertical solutions have become a huge differentiator.
“Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail is a single, end-to-end solution that drives visibility across the organization enabling Indian retailers to reduce complexity, react quickly, seize new opportunities, and build customer loyalty, all of which are vital in today’s evolving retail environment” said Subhomoy Sengupta, Group Head, MS Dynamics India.
“With so many digitally empowered consumers, retailers are being challenged to operate faster and smarter across their organizations to achieve deeper customer loyalty and maintain a competitive edge,” said Kirill Tatarinov, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Business Solutions.
He also added “To address these challenges, retailers need to adopt what we call a “Connected Experience for Retail” which Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail essentially will enable.”
The architecture and innovation that remain core to Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail provide extensibility and a high degree of interoperability, so the solution and can adapt and grow with your business. When added to powerful infrastructure components like Windows, Sharepoint, SQL, Office as well as innovations Surface; TAG; Mobility on Windows, retailers are agile and empowered in their business. Further, this offering is supported by global retail partners who can customize the solution to fit specific customer needs.
A key strength of Microsoft Dynamics is its partner ecosystem. Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail provides a solid, scalable foundation for the retail environment, combined with a rich partner ecosystem that will deliver customer-specific configuration and implementation services. Microsoft is working with both globally and regionally based ISVs on integrating to the Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail solution. Also, by offering an industry specific platform, partners (VARs and ISVs) have an opportunity to create deeper vertical functionality for retailers, more easily and at lesser cost.
Availability: Microsoft Dynamics AX for retail is available in Australia, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Ireland, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Africa, the UK, the US. The most recent ones that have been added to the Microsoft dynamics AX for retail network are Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungry, Iceland, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, and Turkey. (ANI)
- Aditi Technologies acquires US cloud computing firm - Nov 21, 2011
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- NetApp unveils software for agile data infrastructure - Jul 19, 2012
- Sonata to set up offshore centre for US firm - Jul 31, 2012
- LG India ventures into business to business segment - Jun 07, 2011
- Aditya Birla Minacs to market Epicor's ERP solutions - Jun 14, 2011
- Nucleus Software partners with Turkish firm - Jun 07, 2011
- TCS launches IT solution for SMBs in Rajasthan - May 06, 2011
- Microsoft launches Office 2010 for global customers - May 13, 2010
- HCL Technologies, New Zealand's Finzsoft tie up - Jun 27, 2011
- Airtel ropes in Infosys for mobile wallet service - Feb 27, 2012
- TCS launches cloud-computing solution for SMBs - Mar 15, 2011
- Yahoo!, Microsoft and AOL create ad partnership - Nov 10, 2011
- Indian enterprise software market grows 16 percent in 2010 - Jun 28, 2011
- TCS arm targets $1 bn revenue by 2015 - Aug 19, 2011
Tags: business complexities, business productivity, corporate vice president, customer loyalty, differentiator, group head, india today, indian retailers, infrastructure components, key industry, management supply chain, microsoft business solutions, microsoft dynamics ax, microsoft india, retail environment, retail sector, retail supply chain, single end, store management, vertical solutions