Microsoft And HP Joining Hands To Combat iPadJuly 23rd, 2010 - 7:26 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
July 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Ever since the Cupertino based technology giant which is also the arch rival of Microsoft released the Touchscreen internet tablet named iPad all the technology majors have geared up to bring out their versions of internet tablets. Microsoft is trying to take on Apple and that is why it has teamed up with HP to bring its own Internet access device. Todd Bradley who is the executive VP of HP has confirmed the news. A lot of HP PCs and laptops run Microsoft Windows and the two companies have a long history of collaboration and so this development has not come as a surprise to the industry veterans.
The so called Internet tablet developed by HP and Microsoft is still in the preliminary stage as it has been reported. The lack of flash and wi fi problems notwithstanding the Apple iPad has turned out to be a runaway success. Since its launch a few months back the sleek device has sold more than 3 million units. The HP tablet will offer support for Flash. Steve Ballmer the CEO of Microsoft said recently that the company is considering tying up with a number of hardware makers to launch tablet computers ruining on Windows.
Apart from HP the other hardware vendors that will be launching their internet tablets include Lenovo, Dell, Asus, Sony and Toshiba. HP has the upper hand after its acquisition of Palm in this regard. The release date or cost of the upcoming internet tablet has not been released by Microsoft. With increased competition the device may not be priced steeply, believe market experts.
- iPad To Dominate Market For Next Two Years Experts Say - Aug 29, 2010
- Mini iPad Rumors Hit The Web - Aug 29, 2010
- Microsoft Slate Coming By Christmas This Year - Oct 06, 2010
- 2011 to be the year of the tablet - Nov 22, 2010
- HP Slate 500: Can It Challenge The iPad? - Oct 22, 2010
- Apple iPad Eating Into Notebook Sales? - Sep 17, 2010
- iPad Sales Time To Improve Soon - Aug 29, 2010
- Dell's 7-Inch Tablet Computer Set To Rival iPad - Sep 23, 2010
- HP Slate: Good For Corporate Users, But This Is No iPad Killer! - Oct 23, 2010
- Apple has sold 2m iPads in 60 days - Jun 01, 2010
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- Amazon launches 'Kindle Fire' for $199 - Sep 28, 2011
- HP to exit PC business - Aug 19, 2011
- World's leading electronics fair opens in Berlin - Sep 04, 2011
- Strong iPad shipments drive tablet market growth - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: apple ipad, arch rival, ceo of microsoft, cupertino, hardware makers, hardware vendors, hp pcs, industry veterans, internet tablets, joining hands, launch, lenovo, market experts, runaway success, steve ballmer, tablet computers, technology giant, technology majors, todd bradley, wi fi