Microland to offer cloud solutions with MicrosoftApril 6th, 2012 - 5:25 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 6 (IANS) Leading IT infrastructure provider Microland Ltd has entered into a strategic alliance with global software major Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) to jointly offer cloud solutions to large enterprises in the Indian market.
“With Microsoft software products, we will help enterprises leverage private cloud-based solutions and services to transform their businesses in the Indian private cloud market, which is estimated to accrue $3.5 billion in revenues by 2015,” Microland vice president M.D. Bobby said in a statement Friday.
The solutions will be based on Microsoft’s data centre services, an integrated framework built on industry - leading architectures, spanning hyper-visor cloud services, infrastructure as a service transformation, optimised data centre transformation and well managed date centre transformation.
“The partnership will enable us to deliver services that support heterogeneous hyper-visor environments with operating systems and application development frameworks, which allow customers to face challenges in data centre management such as server sprawl, security threats, service downtime and regulatory changes,” Microsoft Services general manager Meetul Patel said.
As alliance partners, both will jointly provide lifecycle, end-to-end range of services, from consulting, design and architecture to delivery, deployment, implementation and management to enable customers maximise returns on investments in data centers by reducing operational costs and leveraging virtualisation and cloud technology.
“By partnering with Microland, we will bring our industry-leading architectures and best practices to customers in India, to help them reduce costs, improve service levels and drive business agility,” Patel observed.
Microsoft private cloud solutions are built to provide enterprise class virtualisation, end-to-end service management and insight into applications so customers can focus on delivering business value.
Microland is already working with an unspecified large enterprise customer for the deployment and migration to a private cloud across verticals such as banking, financial services, and government.
- EMC Corp unveils second global command centre in India - Sep 16, 2010
- NetApp unveils software for agile data infrastructure - Jul 19, 2012
- Virtualisation poses challenges to disaster recovery plans: study - Dec 25, 2010
- IMImobile deploys IBM software - Mar 06, 2012
- Wipro joins Google's cloud platform - Aug 27, 2012
- Aditi Technologies acquires US cloud computing firm - Nov 21, 2011
- Wipro unveils cloud solution for HR processes - Jan 23, 2012
- Nucleus Software partners with Turkish firm - Jun 07, 2011
- EMC launches global command center, critical incident response center in India - Sep 16, 2010
- Intel chips to power servers for cloud computing - Jul 15, 2011
- Wipro wins IT deal from British energy firm - Oct 29, 2010
- Sonata Software forms joint venture in Qatar - Dec 21, 2011
- Microland gets $55-mn deal from British firm again - Aug 10, 2011
- HCL to provide IT services to Etisalat customers - May 09, 2011
- Juniper unveils new products to lower data centre costs - May 18, 2010
Tags: alliance partners, business agility, centre management, consulting design, development frameworks, drive business, enterprise class, global software, infrastructure provider, microland ltd, microsoft consulting services, microsoft services, microsoft software products, operational costs, regulatory changes, security threats, service downtime, services infrastructure, strategic alliance, virtualisation