Mexico’s economy grows 4.5 percent in third quarterNovember 23rd, 2011 - 11:00 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Nov 23 (IANS/EFE) Mexico’s gross domestic product grew 4.5 percent in the third quarter, compared to the same period in 2010, and 4 percent in the first nine months of this year, the National Institute of Statistics and Geography, or INEGI, said Tuesday.
The figures, which are not seasonally adjusted, show GDP growing 1.34 percent, compared to the second quarter, the INEGI said.
The service sector grew 4.8 percent in the July-September period, while manufacturing expanded 3.4 percent and the primary sector, which includes agriculture and ranching, grew 8.3 percent.
The government expects Mexico’s economy to grow by around 4 percent this year, while the central bank projects annual growth to come in at between 3.5 percent and 4 percent.
Mexico’s GDP grew 5.4 percent in 2010, according to the latest INEGI revised figures, marking the strongest growth since 2000, thanks to 6 percent growth in manufacturing, 5 percent growth in services and 3.3 percent growth in the primary sector of the economy.
The GDP eked out growth of 1.3 percent in 2008, but Mexico’s economy contracted 6.5 percent in 2009.
- Mexico's economy grew in 2011 - Feb 17, 2012
- Mexico's industrial production rises - Dec 13, 2011
- Mexico's tourism activity grows - Aug 15, 2012
- US Q3 growth revised downward - Nov 23, 2011
- South Korea's economic growth revised up in Q3 - Dec 06, 2011
- Brazil's accumulated GDP slows - Jun 04, 2011
- Mexico receives $13.4 bn in foreign investment - Nov 25, 2011
- GDP growth may slow to 7.3 percent in 2011-12: Pranab - Nov 30, 2011
- Brazilian government sees economy expanding through 2014 - Feb 14, 2012
- Indian economy grows slowest in six quarters (Roundup) - Aug 30, 2011
- Indian economy grows at a sluggish 5.5 percent in Q1 (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- UN: European financial crisis slowing down global manufacturing - Mar 03, 2012
- Spanish economy stalls - Nov 01, 2011
- Brazilian agribusiness faces shrinking global demand - Aug 08, 2012
- Spain posts positive revision of 2010 GDP figure - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,