Mexican oil firm posts nearly $25 bn surplus in 2011February 1st, 2012 - 12:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Feb 1 (IANS/EFE) Petroleos Mexicanos, or Pemex, said Tuesday it posted a trade surplus of $24.99 billion in 2011, up 28 percent from the prior year.
Exports totaled $55.79 billion, while imports came in at slightly more than $30.8 billion, the state-owned oil giant said in a preliminary statistical report on its performance last year.
Sales of Mexican petroleum and derivatives grew by $15 billion in 2011, compared to the prior year, an increase of 36 percent, Pemex said.
Subsidiary PMI Comercio Internacional sold 1.33 million barrels per day (bpd) at an average price of $101 per barrel to customers in the Americas, Europe and Asia, the state-owned oil giant said.
A total of 185,000 bpd of fuel oil, gasoline, diesel and other petroleum products worth $6.21 billion, or 30 percent more than in 2010, were sold on the international market last year, Pemex said.
Petrochemical exports totalled $260 million, while imports of petrochemical raw materials came in at $125 million, the state-owned oil company said.
Pemex, Latin America’s largest corporation and the world’s third-largest oil producer, has a monopoly over the Mexican petroleum industry.
The state-owned corporation is the biggest source of revenue for the Mexican Treasury.
- Mexican oil giant sells $327 mn in bonds - Mar 14, 2012
- Mexico arrests two Chinese executives on bribery charges - Dec 15, 2010
- Mexico makes large offshore oil find - Aug 30, 2012
- Mexican firm inks floating hotels deal in Spain - Sep 20, 2012
- Mexican oil giant needs $25 bn in annual investment - Feb 08, 2012
- 26 die in Mexican gas plant blast, fire (Lead) - Sep 19, 2012
- Mexican oil giant to spend $24 mn to repair pipeline - Dec 21, 2011
- Mexican firm launches LPG auction - Oct 14, 2011
- Mexican firm eyeing Cuba offshore oil projects - Apr 13, 2012
- Mexican oil firm ends 2011 with net loss of $6.5 bn - Mar 01, 2012
- Venezuela boosts oil sales to China - Aug 14, 2012
- Mexico's oil output falls in 2009 - Oct 25, 2009
- Venezuela confirms start-up of oil exploration off Cuba - Sep 06, 2012
- Fuel thieves cause pipeline fire in Mexico - Apr 02, 2012
- Ecuador wants to hike oil output - Jul 08, 2011
Tags: bpd, city feb, efe, gasoline diesel, latin america, mexican petroleum, mexican treasury, mexico city, oil company, oil firm, oil giant, oil producer, pemex, petrochemical, petroleos mexicanos, petroleum industry, petroleum products, statistical report, trade surplus, year exports