Mexican bottler to build $140 mn plant in BrazilDecember 7th, 2011 - 11:46 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Dec 7 (IANS/EFE) Mexico’s Coca-Cola Femsa, the world’s largest bottler of Coca-Cola Co. products, said it broke ground on a $140 million plant in Brazil’s Minas Gerais state.
The company, a unit of conglomerate Fomento Economico Mexicano, or FEMSA, said in a filing with securities regulators that 800 direct and indirect jobs would be created during the 18-month construction phase.
The 300,000 sq. meter bottling plant will have the capacity to produce 2.1 million liters annually of soft drinks.
The plant will incorporate “the highest environmental standards” both in construction and operations, Coca-Cola Femsa said.
All production will be concentrated at the new bottling plant, with the existing facility in Belo Horizonte being converted into the company’s biggest distribution facility in Minas Gerais, Coca-Cola Femsa Brasil chief Ricardo Botelho said.
Coca-Cola Femsa has 34 bottling plants across Latin America and provides its products to 1.6 million retailers in the region.
- Bottling firm to invest $1.1 bn in Colombia, Brazil - Mar 01, 2012
- Spanish firm sells wind farms in Mexico for $89 mn - Apr 01, 2011
- Bill Gates buys stake in Mexican company - Mar 18, 2011
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca-Cola opens $120 mn plant for 2014 Winter Olympics - Sep 26, 2011
- 15 people dead in accident during pre-carnival celebrations in southern Brazil - Mar 01, 2011
- Coca-Cola plans to invest $1 bn in Mexico in 2012 - Jan 30, 2012
- Coca-Cola reassures product safety in China - May 01, 2012
- Coke to pull out of Mexican schools to promote anti-obesity drive - Jun 11, 2010
- Coca-Cola enters dairy segment - Aug 17, 2010
- 26 die in Mexican gas plant blast, fire (Lead) - Sep 19, 2012
- Coca Cola plans to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Coca-Cola negotiates buying a large part of its biggest bottler - Feb 26, 2010
- Coca-Cola to set up three new plants in China - Apr 28, 2010
- VW to build $550 mn engine plant in Mexico - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: belo, botelho, bottler, bottling plant, bottling plants, coca cola, coca cola co, coca cola femsa, conglomerate, construction phase, distribution facility, efe, environmental standards, latin america, liters, mexico city, minas gerais, regulators, soft drinks, sq meter