Metso begins work to set up Rs.1.65 bn industrial park in AlwarOctober 1st, 2008 - 5:07 pm ICT by IANS
Alwar (Rajasthan), Oct 1 (IANS) Engineering and technology company Metso commenced work Wednesday to set up a 49-acre multi-functional industrial facility, Metso Park, in this Rajasthan district.The company will invest close to Rs.1.65 billion ($35.8 million) over two years to develop the industrial park. The facility will be fully operational by 2010 and will create around 700 jobs.
Metso has planned an investment of approximately 40 million euros ($56.5 million) last year for Metso Park, expansion in foundry and factory operations and office facilities in India.
Metso Park will include office premises, several workshops, warehousing and a logistics centre.
“India’s developing infrastructure sector provides us an excellent opportunity. This industrial park concept is the first of its kind for Metso and represents a milestone in our growth strategy,” Metso Minerals president Matti Kahkonen said at the function to mark the commencement of work.
Added Metso Minerals senior vice-president Sudhir Srivastava: “Metso Park will not only cater to the demand of the Indian customers but will also help meet demands of other Metso customers through exports in Asia.”
The new facility will host both Metso’s own new operations and selected key suppliers from India and Europe.
Metso Park will initially manufacture components of mobile crushing and screening plants, conveyors, slurry pumps and rubber products for the construction and mining customers in India and for export.
Metso Corp, a global engineering and technology company, posted net sales worth 6.2 billion euros ($8.7 billion) in 2007. The company has more than 27,000 employees serving customers in over 50 countries.
- Finnish engineering firm sets up R&D; centre in India - Oct 07, 2011
- Metso to establish "Metso Park" in India - Apr 02, 2008
- Spice Board to set up 10 parks for Rs.167 crore - Apr 08, 2012
- Metso to make Rs.1.12 bn machine for Essar Steel - May 16, 2008
- Essar Group doubles steel capacity at Hazira, Gujarat - Feb 24, 2012
- Air cargo operations launched from Ojhar airport - Sep 20, 2011
- 'Mining ban hits iron ore supply to foundries' - Feb 29, 2012
- Karnataka to set up second foundry cluster - Mar 05, 2012
- Steps to boost Indian apparel exports on anvil - Aug 07, 2012
- Next wave of Finnish companies on way to India - Jun 18, 2010
- Finnish 'clean tech' firms look for joint venture in India - Feb 03, 2011
- UP invites investment for Lucknow IT park - Jun 14, 2012
- Honda's third manufacturing unit to be ready in 2013 - Jun 20, 2012
- Essar Steel commissions Phase 1 of Odisha pellet plant - Apr 09, 2012
- Indian Foundry Association to start foundry park in Howrah - Sep 29, 2010