Metro’s Noida link may start Nov 13November 7th, 2009 - 7:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 7 (IANS) Delhi Metro’s Noida link may be opened to the public Nov 13, if necessary safety checks are complete, a Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) official said Saturday.
“The Yamuna Bank-Noida City centre section will be inspected by the Commissioner for Metro Railway Safety (CMRS) on Nov 10-11. Subject to receiving the clearance from the CMRS, we plan the ceremonial flag-off in Delhi and Noida areas respectively on Nov 12,” the metro official said.
“As per our plans, the section would be opened for general public from Nov 13,” the official added.
Last month, the Delhi Metro conducted successful trial runs between Yamuna Bank station in the national capital and 10 newly-built stations in Noida.
The 13.1 km stretch will be integrated with the existing 34.3 km Yamuna Bank-Dwarka Sector-9 section.
The DMRC aims to add nearly 53,000 new passengers daily on this new route.
The newly built stations are Akshardham, Mayur Vihar-I and Mayur Vihar Extension in Delhi and New Ashok Nagar, Noida sector 15, sector 16, sector 18, Botanical Garden, Golf Course and Noida City Centre in Uttar Pradesh.
Parking facility is available at the Akshardham, Botanical Garden and Noida City Centre Metro stations.
The Delhi Metro is set to expand from 75 km to 200 km by opening six new lines on its phase II by October 2010.
- Delhi Metro makes trial runs to all stations till Noida - Oct 30, 2009
- Delhi Metro's Noida link flagged off - Nov 12, 2009
- 74,000 and still counting as Metro makes Noida debut - Nov 13, 2009
- Metro's Noida section to be flagged off Thursday - Nov 11, 2009
- Delhi Metro rolls into Noida, Mayawati plans extension (Second Lead) - Nov 12, 2009
- Metro's Noida link flagged off (Lead) - Nov 12, 2009
- Metro ridership touches 18 lakh, sets new record - Aug 02, 2011
- Efforts on to minimise Metro snags, say officials - Mar 30, 2012
- Metro services to Ghaziabad start Thursday - Jul 12, 2011
- Nearly 30,000 use Delhi Metro in Ghaziabad on first day - Jul 14, 2011
- NOIDA authority nod to Botanical Garden-Kalindi Kunj link - Jul 10, 2012
- Metro services to close three hours before time on Diwali day - Nov 03, 2010
- Catch the last Metro ride at 8 p.m. on Diwali - Nov 03, 2010
- Sreedharan inspects metro extension to Ghaziabad - Jun 16, 2011
- Metro services to close at 8 p.m. today - Nov 05, 2010
Tags: ashok nagar, botanical garden, cmrs, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dmrc, garden golf, golf course, metro railway, metro stations, New Delhi, noida, phase ii, railway safety, safety checks, sector 9, yamuna