Metro’s Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar line openedSeptember 3rd, 2010 - 3:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) Delhi Metro’s Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar link, that connects the city’s north with its satellite town of Gurgaon in Haryana, was opened to the public Friday by Urban Development Minister S. Jaipal Reddy.
Reddy, with Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit joining him, flagged off a ceremonial train on the occasion from the Udyog Bhawan Metro station.
The section connecting the Central Secretariat to the Qutub Minar would be open for public from 3 p.m. The newly inaugurated stretch is 12.53 km long.
Metro services between Jahangirpuri and Central Secretariat and Qutub Minar to HUDA City Centre in Gurgaon have been operational for quite some time now.
The latest line completes the stretch from Jahangirpuri in the north to Gurgaon, a distance of 45 km.
The entire stretch will have 25 km of underground and 20 km of elevated sections.
The entire corridor has 34 stations — 20 of them underground and 14 elevated.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) plans to run 36 to 40 trains during peak/off peak hours to meet the passenger requirement on the line, a DMRC official said.
The much-awaited line connects some key places like the INA Market, the AIIMS, Green Park, Saket and the Qutub Minar.
- Delhi Metro's Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar line opens Friday - Sep 02, 2010
- 32,000 footfalls on Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar Metro link - Sep 03, 2010
- Delhi Metro's Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar line to open Friday - Aug 31, 2010
- Metro-line connecting Delhi to Gurgaon inaugurated - Sep 03, 2010
- Metro begins trial runs on new line - Jul 16, 2010
- Passengers say time, money saved by new Metro line - Sep 03, 2010
- Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar Metro line to open in August - Jul 25, 2010
- Metro stations in Gurgaon to have parking space - Jan 17, 2010
- Delhi Metro reaches Gurgaon - Jun 21, 2010
- Metro's Qutub Minar line to showcase Delhi's heritage - Aug 13, 2010
- Sreedharan inspects Delhi-Gurgaon Metro line - Jun 24, 2010
- Delhi Metro officials unsure when to start Gurgaon line - Jan 28, 2010
- Delhi Metro enters Gurgaon, open to public next month - May 13, 2010
- Metro service connecting Delhi, Gurgaon starts - Jun 21, 2010
- Metro to start in Gurgaon Monday - Jun 16, 2010
Tags: aiims, central secretariat, chief minister, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, development minister, dmrc, green park, gurgaon, huda, jaipal reddy, latest line, metro services, metro station, peak hours, quite some time, qutub minar, s central, saket, satellite town