Metro to start in Gurgaon MondayJune 16th, 2010 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, June 16 (IANS) Residents of Gurgaon will get their own Metro service Monday with the opening of the Qutub Minar-HUDA City Centre line, an official said Wednesday.
“The Qutub Minar-HUDA City Centre Metro corridor will be open to the public from Monday. The first train service will commence simultaneously from Qutub Minar and HUDA City Centre in Gurgaon at 8 a.m.,” Delhi Metro Rail Corporation spokesperson said.
Officials said that the line will be connected to Central Secretariat within a month.
“The remaining part of the corridor from Qutub Minar to Central Secretariat is expected to be opened within another month. The trains will run at a frequency of 12 minutes initially on this 14.47-km-long corridor from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.,” the spokesperson added.
He said the trains will not stop at Chhattarpur station as it is not ready yet.
“The trains will not stop at the Chhattarpur Metro station initially as it will be opened to the public only by August. The construction work was delayed as the land for the building of the station was not available till October last year,” the spokesperson added.
Five trains have been sent to Gurgaon and the number of trains will be increased gradually.
The corridor had received the statutory safety clearance from the commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) June 11.
The 10 stations on this elevated section are Qutub Minar, Chhattarpur, Sultanpur, Ghitorni, Arjangarh, Guru Dronacharya, Sikanderpur, M.G. Road, IFFCO Chowk and HUDA City Centre.
- Metro to connect Delhi and Gurgaon Monday - Jun 20, 2010
- Sreedharan inspects Delhi-Gurgaon Metro line - Jun 24, 2010
- Metro service connecting Delhi, Gurgaon starts - Jun 21, 2010
- Delhi Metro officials unsure when to start Gurgaon line - Jan 28, 2010
- Metro stations in Gurgaon to have parking space - Jan 17, 2010
- Metro comes to Gurgaon - for trial run - Jan 29, 2010
- 32,000 footfalls on Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar Metro link - Sep 03, 2010
- Delhi Metro enters Gurgaon, open to public next month - May 13, 2010
- Delhi Metro reaches Gurgaon - Jun 21, 2010
- Metro's Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar line opened - Sep 03, 2010
- Delhi Metro's Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar line opens Friday - Sep 02, 2010
- One more train added to Delhi-Gurgaon corridor - Jun 22, 2010
- Delhi Metro's Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar line to open Friday - Aug 31, 2010
- Metro-line connecting Delhi to Gurgaon inaugurated - Sep 03, 2010
- Metro train connecting Delhi, Gurgaon starts - Jun 21, 2010
Tags: central secretariat, chowk, construction work, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, first train, guru, huda, iffco, metro service, metro station, qutub minar, rail safety, safety clearance, secretariat, spokesperson, sultanpur, train service, trains