Metro to construct nine power receiving sub-stationsAugust 5th, 2012 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 5 (IANS) To augment power supply for Phase III and strengthen four existing sub-stations, Delhi Metro will be constructing nine new power receiving sub-stations (RSS), an official said Sunday.
The nine new substations will come up at Yamuna Vihar, Vinod Nagar depot, INA, Dhaula Kuan, Mukundpur Depot, Kalkaji, R.K.Puram, Palam and Faridabad.
Auxiliary power at 33 KV and traction power at 25 KV will be supplied from these new power sub-stations to the Metro stations of the Phase III corridor.
“The nine new substations will augment the other four already operational power sub-stations and their feeds can be extended to the Phase III corridors as well,” a Delhi Metro statement said.
At present, Delhi Metro’s power requirements are regulated through 15 sub-stations, which are spread across different parts of the city and National Capital Region (NCR).
According to Delhi Metro, for Phase III about 140-km of Metro lines will be built in the NCR , the approximate power requirement will be 150 MVA by 2016.
Delhi Metro operates over 2,700 trips a day, covering about 70,000 km and carrying around 1.8 million passengers on week days.
- Metro builds two underground sub-stations - Dec 29, 2011
- Delhi Metro to dig deeper for tunnels in third phase - Jun 15, 2011
- Dikshit inaugurates 400 KV power sub-station in North West Delhi - Sep 30, 2010
- Metro Phase III gets approval - Aug 10, 2011
- Top Delhi Metro official resigns - Apr 19, 2012
- Metro Phase III will be built by 2016 - May 02, 2012
- Two more bridges across Yamuna in Delhi Metro Phase-III - Sep 15, 2011
- Nehru Place to get second Metro station - Sep 02, 2012
- Secretariat-Kashmere Gate Metro line expected by 2015 - May 25, 2012
- Delhi Metro to connect more hospitals - Apr 11, 2012
- Dikshit wants inverter-free Delhi - Sep 29, 2010
- Dikshit wants inverter free Delhi (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- Major fire at Delhi power station (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Delhi Metro constructs Asia's highest train washing plant - Apr 25, 2010
Tags: approximate power, auxiliary power, corridors, delhi metro, dhaula kuan, kalkaji, kv, metro lines, metro stations, mva, national capital region, ncr, New Delhi, palam, phase iii, power supply, r k puram, substations