Metro to build two stations near airportSeptember 21st, 2011 - 5:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 21 (IANS) Delhi Metro plans to add two more stations near the domestic airport in the upcoming Janakpuri West-Kalindi Kunj corridor, an official said Wednesday.
“In the Phase III project, the Janakpuri West-Kalindi Kunj Metro corridor initially had 24 stations. Now we will add two more stations to cover more residential areas,” a DMRC official said.
One station will come up at Sadar Bazar near Palam in west Delhi and the other at Shankar Vihar in south Delhi near National Highway 8.
The Janakpuri West-Kalindi Kunj line will cover about 34 km and will have 26 stations, out of which 14 stations are elevated and 12 underground.
Delhi Metro now makes over 2,400 trips a day, covering about 69,000 km and carrying around 1.7 million passengers on working days. By 2016, it is expected to transport about four million passengers daily.
- Two more bridges across Yamuna in Delhi Metro Phase-III - Sep 15, 2011
- Delhi Metro to connect more hospitals - Apr 11, 2012
- Top Delhi Metro official resigns - Apr 19, 2012
- Metro Phase III will be built by 2016 - May 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro to add 800 lifts and escalators - Jan 06, 2012
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- Nehru Place to get second Metro station - Sep 02, 2012
- Efforts on to minimise Metro snags, say officials - Mar 30, 2012
- Secretariat-Kashmere Gate Metro line expected by 2015 - May 25, 2012
- Metro completes first tunnel of Phase III - Jul 26, 2012
- Metro to construct nine power receiving sub-stations - Aug 05, 2012
- Delhi Metro has a Rs.15,000 crore debt - Feb 14, 2012
- Metro hikes parking fees from Sep 8 - Sep 01, 2011
- Metro Phase III gets approval - Aug 10, 2011
- Delhi Metro Phase III gets bigger, to cover Jamia, Faridabad - Jan 31, 2011