Metro services to be restricted on HoliMarch 9th, 2009 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 9 (IANS) Metro services will be closed till 2 p.m Wednesday for Holi because of less passenger footfall and security concerns, an official said Monday.
“On the day of the Holi festival that falls March 11, metro services will not be available till 2 p.m. on all three lines - Dilshad Garden to Rithala, Jahangirpuri to Central Secretariat and Indraprastha to Dwarka sector 9,” said Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) spokesman Anuj Dayal.
In addition, metro feeder bus services will not be available till 1 p.m. Wednesday.
“After that, skeletal services will be available on all routes except in the Netaji Subhash Place to Azadpur PRS, Rohini West to Lakhi Ram Park, Dwarka Sec-9 to Dwarka Sec-10 and Dwarka Sec-10 to Najafgarh routes,” Dayal added.
The reasons for the curtailed metro services was attributed to less passenger footfall on the widely celebrated festival as well as security concerns.
“There are security concerns and also the passenger footfall is not much. Last year also we had suspended services for Holi,” said another DMRC official.
On Holi, the festival of colours, most public transport services are closed till noon.
- Metro service to be restricted on Holi - Mar 17, 2011
- Delhi Metro to begin operations at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 05, 2012
- After Holi break, Metro service resumes in Delhi - Mar 20, 2011
- Delhi Metro to run from 2 p.m. Sunday - Mar 19, 2011
- Metro, airport line to open at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 06, 2012
- After Holi break, Metro service resumes (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Mar 20, 2011
- Metro services to be curtailed on Holi - Feb 25, 2010
- Get trade fair tickets at Metro stations - Nov 12, 2011
- 3 central Delhi Metro stations to close early on New Year's eve - Dec 29, 2010
- No Metro service on Holi morning (Lead) - Feb 25, 2010
- Delhi Metro ridership touches 22 lakh - Aug 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro ridership touches 22 lakh (Second Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro to curtail services on Diwali - Oct 24, 2011
- Metro service to end at 8 p.m. Diwali (Lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- Delhi Metro inducts six-coach trains (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: celebrated festival, central secretariat, dayal, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dwarka, feeder bus services, footfall, holi, holi festival, indraprastha, march 11, metro services, netaji, New Delhi, prs, public transport services, secretariat, sector 9, security concerns