Metro services to be curtailed on R-DayJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 23 (IANS) Delhi Metro services will be partially curtailed during the Republic Day parade Thursday and the beating retreat ceremony Jan 29, an official said.
Train schedules of Metro line two (Central Secretariat - Vishwavidyalaya), line three (Dwarka Sector 21 - Noida City Centre), line four (Vaishali - Yamuna Bank) and line six (Central Secretariat - Badarpur) will be partially curtailed in view of extra security on these two days.
On Republic Day, no Metro services will be available from 6 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. in Rajiv Chowk, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Race Course, Pragati Maidan, Barakhamba Road and Khan Market Metro stations.
However, passengers can use the interchange facility at Rajiv Chowk for lines two and three and Central Secretariat for lines two and six.
Metro services on line three (Dwarka Sector 21 - Noida City Centre) and line four (Vaishali - Yamuna Bank) will be available on short loops.
“The trains in lines three and four will be operated in short loops, from Noida City Centre to Indraprastha, Vaishali to Yamuna Bank and Dwarka Sector 21 to Rajiv Chowk,” a Metro official said.
Operations will be normal on all lines after the parade is over.
On Jan 29 (Sunday), Metro trains will not be available from HUDA City Centre to Jahangirpuri and Central Secretariat to Badarpur from 3.00 p.m to 6.30 p.m.
The Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan stations will remain closed during this period. However, interchange of passengers from line two (Central Secretariat - Vishwavidyalaya) and line six (Central Secretariat - Badarpur) will be allowed.
In addition, all Delhi Metro parking lots will remain closed from 2 p.m. Jan 25 to 2 p.m. Jan 26 as advised by the Delhi Police for security reasons.
- Metro to curtail services for Republic Day, Beating retreat - Jan 24, 2011
- Metro services to be affected by Republic Day rehearsal - Jan 22, 2011
- Three Metro stations to be closed Sunday - Jan 28, 2012
- After Holi break, Metro service resumes (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Mar 20, 2011
- Auto Expo tickets available from Saturday - Jan 05, 2012
- Delhi Metro to begin operations at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 05, 2012
- Delhi Metro to curtail services on Diwali - Oct 24, 2011
- Delhi Metro to partially curtail services Jan 26, 29 - Jan 24, 2010
- Delhi Metro to run from 2 p.m. Sunday - Mar 19, 2011
- Metro, airport line to open at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 06, 2012
- Three Metro stations to close for two hours Wednesday - Jul 25, 2012
- Efforts on to minimise Metro snags, say officials - Mar 30, 2012
- Two central Delhi Metro stations to close early on New Year's eve - Dec 30, 2011
- After Holi break, Metro service resumes in Delhi - Mar 20, 2011
- Metro service to be restricted on Holi - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: beating retreat, central secretariat, chowk, delhi metro, delhi police, dwarka, extra security, jan 29, khan market, metro line, metro services, metro stations, metro trains, parking lots, rajiv, republic day, retreat ceremony, six central, train schedules, vaishali