Metro gets extension from Dilshad Garden to GhaziabadFebruary 11th, 2010 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 11 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government has approved the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation’s (DMRC) Metro extension project from Dilshad Garden to the New Bus Stand in Ghaziabad, an official said Thursday.
The project of 9.41-km stretch was approved by the state government Monday in a meeting headed by Cabinet Secretary Shashank Sekhar Singh. The meeting was also attended by Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) officials.
Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) vice-president Narendra Chaudhary said that the DMRC was asked to update the detailed project report which was submitted earlier. With the inflation ratio at about 15 percent, the cost of the project is expected to increase. The cost now would be Rs.936 crore and government agencies like Nagar Nigam and Housing Corporation would share it.
In case of any dispute between the different departments over cost sharing, the NCR Board would be approached.
The 2.67-km stretch from Anand Vihar to Vaishali would provide relief to people living in newly developed localities of Vaishali, Indirapuram and Vasundhara while the densely populated areas of Sahibabad, Mohan Nagar and city’s main residential hub would benefit by the Metro’s introduction in the city.
- Sreedharan inspects metro extension to Ghaziabad - Jun 16, 2011
- Delhi Metro project to get extended to Ghaziabad - Apr 07, 2012
- Delhi Metro to reach Mohan Nagar in Ghaziabad - Jul 12, 2011
- Delhi Metro to be extended till Ghaziabad's Mohan Nagar - May 22, 2011
- Delhi Metro now goes to Ghaziabad (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Project to shorten distance between Delhi, Ghaziabad approved - Sep 10, 2012
- Ghaziabad board to impose new cess to fund Metro rail - Mar 12, 2010
- UP to develop hi-tech industrial township in Bulandshahr - Sep 07, 2012
- Kirti Nagar-Ashok Park Metro trial run started - Jul 14, 2011
- UP goes all out for Metro in major cities - Mar 27, 2012
- Ghaziabad authority approves Rs.200 crore for Delhi Metro extension - Apr 26, 2012
- Delhi Metro services to Ghaziabad begin - Jul 14, 2011
- With rising ridership, Delhi Metro to have more gates - Jun 20, 2012
- Metro Man Sreedharan switches tracks, retires Saturday - Dec 30, 2011
- Nearly 30,000 use Delhi Metro in Ghaziabad on first day - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: cabinet secretary, crore, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, detailed project, dmrc, gda, government agencies, housing corporation, indirapuram, inflation, localities, mohan, narendra, ncr, sekhar, shashank, state government, uttar pradesh government, vasundhara