Metro crowded due to ‘Dhan Teras’November 3rd, 2010 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 3 (IANS) Some Delhi Metro stations witnessed a huge rush Wednesday evening owing to the Dhan Teras festival, leading to snags and minor delays in movement of trains which overflowed with commuters.
“Managing the crowd was very difficult today. The numbers were overwhelming; we had to let men into the reserved ladies coaches,” said Deepak Sharma, a guard stationed at Rajiv Chowk Metro Station.
The Metro ridership that remained normal throughout the day saw a spike as the evening approached. Some Metro trains had to be stopped for a few extra minutes at stations because of the huge crowds at the metro stations.
“The metro ridership till 8 p.m. Wednesday stood at 12.39 lakh,” said an official.
- Record ridership in Delhi Metro on Raskha Bandhan - Aug 13, 2011
- Auto strike sees Metro crowded, commuters lose cool (Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Metro technical snag leads to crowds at Rajiv Chowk - Feb 01, 2012
- We miss classes due to Delhi Metro snags, students complain - Dec 07, 2010
- Passengers stuck in Metro for 40 minutes, services hit (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
- Huge crowds on Delhi Metro due to Games - Oct 05, 2010
- Power outage cripples Delhi Metro, thousands hit (Third Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Technical snag hits Delhi Metro - Jun 08, 2012
- Trade fair: Delhi Metro ridership zooms - Nov 22, 2010
- Snag on Metro's Gurgaon line affects services, rectified (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Technical snag hits Delhi Metro again - Dec 03, 2010
- Metro ridership rises as Team Anna begins fast - Jul 25, 2012
- Commuters stranded as snag hits Delhi Metro - Aug 18, 2011
- Metro ridership touches 18 lakh, sets new record - Aug 02, 2011
- Snag hits Delhi Metro's Dwarka-Noida service - Oct 29, 2010