Metro, airport line to open at 2 p.m. on HoliMarch 6th, 2012 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 6 (IANS) Delhi metro and the airport express line will start operations at 2 p.m. on Holi Thursday, an official said.
Services on the six Metro lines that connect various parts of the National Capital Region — Dilshad Garden to Rithala, Jahangirpuri to HUDA City Centre, Noida City Centre to Dwarka Sec-21, Vaishali to Yamuna Bank, Inderlok to Mundka and Central Secretariat to Badarpur — will not start operating till 2 p.m Thursday on Holi.
Similarly, on the metro airport line, all six stations will become operational only after 2 p.m.
“Metro train services will start only at 2 p.m Thursday and will continue normally thereafter,” Delhi Metro spokesperson Anuj Dayal said in a statement.
Feeder bus services that ferry commuters to and from stations would, however, not be available for the entire day Thursday.
Delhi Metro makes over 2,400 trips a day, covering about 70,000 km and carrying around 1.8 million passengers on working days.
The 23-km Airport Metro, with six stations, connects New Delhi railway station with the Indira Gandhi International airport in 18 minutes. It has a ridership of 20,000 commuters.
- Delhi Metro to begin operations at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 05, 2012
- After Holi break, Metro service resumes (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Mar 20, 2011
- Delhi Metro to run from 2 p.m. Sunday - Mar 19, 2011
- Metro service to be restricted on Holi - Mar 17, 2011
- After Holi break, Metro service resumes in Delhi - Mar 20, 2011
- Delhi Metro to curtail services on Diwali - Oct 24, 2011
- Delhi Metro ridership touches 22 lakh (Second Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro ridership touches 22 lakh - Aug 02, 2012
- No Metro service on Holi morning (Lead) - Feb 25, 2010
- Catch the last Metro ride at 8 p.m. on Diwali - Nov 03, 2010
- Metro service to end at 8 p.m. Diwali (Lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- Metro services to be curtailed on Holi - Feb 25, 2010
- Metro services to close three hours before time on Diwali day - Nov 03, 2010
- Get trade fair tickets at Metro stations - Nov 12, 2011
- Delhi Metro to induct 8-coach trains on two busy corridors - May 02, 2012
Tags: airport express, anuj, central secretariat, commuters, dayal, delhi metro, dwarka, feeder bus services, holi, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, metro airport, metro lines, New Delhi, noida, railway station, ridership, train services, vaishali, yamuna