Mercedes launches the new M-ClassJanuary 5th, 2012 - 6:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) German automobile major Mercedes-Benz Thursday launched the new version of its M-Class sports utility vehicle and open-top sports car SLS AMG roadster.
The SLS AMG roadster is powered by a 6.3 litre V8 engine.
“The roadster’s eight cylinder engine with 571 horsepower delivers 0 to 100 in 3.8 seconds with a top speed of 317 kmph,” Mercedes-Benz India’s chief executive officer and managing director Peter Honegg said.
“The atmosphere of the interiors awakens association with an aircraft cockpit. The dashboard is in the shape of a wing and the air vents nozzles are reminiscent of jet engines,” he added.
The M-Class, which was launched in the global market about six months back, will be locally assembled at the company’s plant in Pune.
“The new M-Class is powered by a six cylinder engine and will reach 0 to 100 kmph in 7.4 seconds. Its top speed is 224 kmph,” added Honegg.
The German major also showcased its future design cues with the unveiling of its concept car - the A-Class and fuel cell technologies.
The 11th edition of the Auto Expo, held at the sprawling Pragati Maidan exposition grounds, will conclude Jan 11.
- Mercedes-Benz launches new M-Class in India - May 15, 2012
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz recalls 136,000 cars in US - Apr 06, 2011
- Mercedes and Jaypee Sports launch performance driving academy - Jan 04, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz India to roll out entry-level cars - May 03, 2011
- Mercedes launches like super sports car SLS AMG - Jul 16, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz India to hike car prices from May 1 - Apr 26, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz sells 90 C-class cars' to Carzonrent - Jul 18, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz is official partner of Noida F1 track - Aug 24, 2011
- Mercedes to retail exclusive apparel and accessories - Sep 13, 2010
- Taylor Lautner buys a new car - 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG coupe - Aug 03, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz sales soar - Apr 05, 2012
- Italy's $1.4m super car Pagani Huayra unveiled - Jan 29, 2011
- Honegg to replace Aulbur as Mercedes' India chief - Nov 27, 2010
- Mercedes launches 3D stimulator, luxury apparels - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: air vents, aircraft cockpit, auto expo, chief executive officer, class sports, concept car, cylinder engine, design cues, director peter, exposition grounds, fuel cell technologies, future design, german automobile, jet engines, kmph, mercedes benz, mercedes benz india, nozzles, pragati maidan, sports utility vehicle