Mercedes-Benz recalls 127 cars in ChinaAugust 14th, 2012 - 2:33 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 14 (IANS) Mercedes-Benz China will recall 127 units of G500 and G55 AMG models sold in China in order to fix a problem with the vehicles’ airbags, the country’s quality watchdog said Tuesday.
The recall, which will start Sep 29, affects the two models manufactured between Sep 30, 2010, and April 27, 2011, reported Xinhua.
Due to possible welding defects, the band that fixes the frontal airbags to the cover board may come off when the airbags are deployed, posing safety risks to passengers, the statement added.
The auto company will offer free checks to remove defective parts, it said.
- Mercedes and Jaypee Sports launch performance driving academy - Jan 04, 2012
- Volvo to recall 18,848 vehicles in China - Nov 30, 2010
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz sales soar - Apr 05, 2012
- Mercedes to retail exclusive apparel and accessories - Sep 13, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz recalls 136,000 cars in US - Apr 06, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz is official partner of Noida F1 track - Aug 24, 2011
- Mercedes launches the new M-Class - Jan 05, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz launches new M-Class in India - May 15, 2012
- Mercedes to launch AMG Desert Gold in India - Jan 06, 2010
- General Motors recalls more than 50,000 Cadillac SRX - Jun 10, 2011
- Mercedes launches like super sports car SLS AMG - Jul 16, 2010
- Mercedes launches 3D stimulator, luxury apparels - Sep 08, 2010
- Toyota to recall over 300,000 SUVs in US - Apr 22, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz India to hike car prices from May 1 - Apr 26, 2011