Mercedes-Benz launches pre-owned car business in IndiaJune 28th, 2010 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 28 (IANS) Luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz Monday launched its pre-owned car business in India under its “Proven Exclusivity” programme.
The cars will be available across 12 locations by December. These will be offered for sale through the authorized Mercedes-Benz dealerships where customers will receive additional support in areas such as financing, documentation and delivery as well.
“Comprehensive evaluation and refurbishment criteria, scientific tools for audit and inspection as well as manufacturer backed warranty go into the making of a certified ‘Proven Exclusivity’ vehicle,” said Wilfried Aulbur, managing director of Mercedes-Benz India.
The market for pre-owned cars in India is estimated at 10 to 15 percent of current new sales in 2010 and is expected to grow substantially in the next couple of years.
There are 30,000 Mercedes-Benz vehicles plying on Indian roads, creating a sizeable pool for the company’s used car business.
Mercedes-Benz pre-owned cars programme has been in existence since 2009 and operates across 35 countries.
- Mercedes Benz to start finance arm - Jul 21, 2010
- Mercedes launches 3D stimulator, luxury apparels - Sep 08, 2010
- Mercedes Benz India logs record July sales - Aug 02, 2010
- Honegg to replace Aulbur as Mercedes' India chief - Nov 27, 2010
- Biggest Mercedes-Benz deal in a day in Aurangabad - Oct 15, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz India rolls out 30,000th car (With Image) - Dec 08, 2010
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz India eyes double digit growth - Jan 04, 2010
- Mercedes to launch AMG Desert Gold in India - Jan 06, 2010
- Mercedes Benz India clocks 79 percent sales growth - Jul 01, 2010
- Mercedes August sales zoom 112 percent - Sep 08, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz is official partner of Noida F1 track - Aug 24, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz optimistic about Indian market - Oct 03, 2009
- Mercedes-Benz launches new M-Class in India - May 15, 2012
- Daimler rejigs trucks business in India - Jul 01, 2010
Tags: car business, car maker, exclusivity, existence, indian roads, luxury car, managing director, mercedes benz, mercedes benz dealerships, mercedes benz india, mercedes benz vehicles, New Delhi, pool, pre owned car, pre owned cars, refurbishment, scientific tools, warranty