Mercedes-Benz India to enter used car segmentMarch 19th, 2009 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 19 (IANS) Luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz India will enter the used car business by the year-end, a top official said here Thursday.
“We are currently working on launching the used car programme in India. It will be launched by December 2009,” the company’s marketing and sales head, Debasish Mitra, told reporters after launching the new Mercedes M-Class in the city.
According to him, the used car segment is not organised in India. “At present, dealers out of their own interest sell used Mercedes vehicles. Mercedes has globally started the business actively under which we have a standard global used car programme.”
Mitra added that the company was also planning to launch long-distance inter-city buses to take on the likes of Volvo buses.
Said Manas Dewan, general manager (corporate communications): “Mercedes-Benz India has already launched buses suited for intra-city services - Mercedes-Benz intra-city luxury coaches.”
“We are currently doing a market survey on the demand for such buses. This will be followed by designing the buses for Indian road conditions,” he added.
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz launches new M-Class in India - May 15, 2012
- Mercedes launches the new M-Class - Jan 05, 2012
- Mercedes launches the next-generation SLK 350 - Aug 11, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz forays into high-end city bus segment in India - Jun 10, 2010
- Mercedes Benz registers 40 percent sales growth - Sep 02, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz launches pre-owned car business in India - Jun 28, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz is official partner of Noida F1 track - Aug 24, 2011
- Mercedes to retail exclusive apparel and accessories - Sep 13, 2010
- Mercedes and Jaypee Sports launch performance driving academy - Jan 04, 2012
- Volvo cars sales shrink in China - Aug 16, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz India to hike car prices from May 1 - Apr 26, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz hopes sales to grow in India - Dec 08, 2009
- Daimler AG gets RBI nod for non-banking finance company - Apr 25, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz sells 90 C-class cars' to Carzonrent - Jul 18, 2011
Tags: car business, car maker, car segment, corporate communications, inter city buses, luxury car, luxury coaches, manas, march 19, market survey, marketing, mercedes benz, mercedes benz india, mercedes vehicles, new mercedes, programme in india, road conditions, volvo, volvo buses, year end