Mercedes-Benz India crosses 3,000-mark in salesOctober 6th, 2008 - 1:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 6 (IANS) Mercedes-Benz India Monday said it has crossed the 3,000-car sales figure so far this year, reflecting a growth of 56 percent.“Our impressive performance this year continues - we are delighted to cross the 3,000 sales figure mark for the first time and have already set our sights on many more,” Mercedes-Benz India Managing Director and CEO Wilfried Aulbur said.
By the end of September, the S Class, the leading luxury vehicle from the Mercedes-Benz stable, sold a total of 524 units.
This marks a growth of 64 percent over January-September 2007.
The new C class, which made its debut at the Auto Expo in January, sold more than 1,450 units in January-September 2008 - 135 percent more than the corresponding period in 2007.
The hugely popular E class continues to be the favourite of the Indian customer with a sales figure of 921 cars sold between till September-end.
Two new engine variants were also added to the E Class line in this period, the E 220 CDI and the E 230, making the E Class the most comprehensive product with the largest number of variants in the luxury car market in India, Aulbur said.
- Mercedes Benz India clocks 79 percent sales growth - Jul 01, 2010
- Mercedes Benz India logs record July sales - Aug 02, 2010
- Mercedes August sales zoom 112 percent - Sep 08, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz India rolls out 30,000th car (With Image) - Dec 08, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz launches new M-Class in India - May 15, 2012
- Mercedes Benz registers 40 percent sales growth - Sep 02, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz sales soar - Apr 05, 2012
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Mercedes launches new E-class car Cabriolet - Aug 17, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz optimistic about Indian market - Oct 03, 2009
- Biggest Mercedes-Benz deal in a day in Aurangabad - Oct 15, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz India notches 80 percent growth - Jan 10, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz launches pre-owned car business in India - Jun 28, 2010
- Honegg to replace Aulbur as Mercedes' India chief - Nov 27, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz India eyes double digit growth - Jan 04, 2010