Mercedes-Benz forays into high-end city bus segment in IndiaJune 10th, 2010 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) Global auto major Mercedes-Benz Thursday said it will set up a dedicated assembly line to produce high-end city (low floor) buses.
“In India, our 2- and 3-axle luxury coaches have been received very well. We would now like to expand into the city buses segment,” said Wilfried Aulbur, managing director of Mercedes-Benz India.
The assembly line will meet manufacturing needs of city buses as well as the already available 2-axle and 3-axle luxury coaches.
According to the company, the market for high-end city buses is lucrative. It is estimated at approximately 500 units per annum and expected to grow by 20 percent each year.
Currently, the market leader is the Swedish Volvo.
- Mercedes to set up bus body building unit in Pune - Sep 27, 2010
- Mercedes Benz to drive in to city bus segment - Jun 03, 2010
- Mercedes to run triple-axle luxury coaches in India next fiscal - Oct 09, 2009
- Mercedes-Benz India rolls out 30,000th car (With Image) - Dec 08, 2010
- Volvo cars sales shrink in China - Aug 16, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz seeks tie-ups with states for low-floor buses - Mar 18, 2009
- Mercedes Benz India clocks 79 percent sales growth - Jul 01, 2010
- Honegg to replace Aulbur as Mercedes' India chief - Nov 27, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz sells 90 C-class cars' to Carzonrent - Jul 18, 2011
- Volvo to invest Rs.400 crore, set up research centre - Dec 29, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz eyes mining sector, buses for growth in Asian market - Jan 06, 2010
- Nissan, Daimler eye joint plant in Mexico - Nov 17, 2011
- Mercedes August sales zoom 112 percent - Sep 08, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz launches pre-owned car business in India - Jun 28, 2010
- Daimler rejigs trucks business in India - Jul 01, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,