Mercedes August sales zoom 112 percentSeptember 8th, 2010 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 8 (IANS) German luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz’s Indian subsidiary Wednesday reported a 112 percent rise in sales in August at 573 units as against 270 units in the like period of last year.
“Our initiatives in 2010 have been targeted at customers from large as well as medium and small cities,” said Wilfried Aulbur, chief executive, Mercedes-Benz India.
The cumulative sales volume in the period from January-August grew 84 percent to 3,497 units in comparison to 1,899 units in the same period of 2009.
According to the company, its E-class brand lead the sales chart with a 312 percent growth at 206 units in August as against 50 units in the same month last year.
“The C-class also reinforced its popularity by clocking 256 units in August 2010, which corresponds to a growth of 50 percent over August 2009 at 171 units,” the company said.
- Mercedes-Benz India notches 80 percent growth - Jan 10, 2011
- Mercedes Benz India clocks 79 percent sales growth - Jul 01, 2010
- Mercedes Benz India logs record July sales - Aug 02, 2010
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz India rolls out 30,000th car (With Image) - Dec 08, 2010
- Mercedes Benz registers 40 percent sales growth - Sep 02, 2011
- Mercedes launches new E-class car Cabriolet - Aug 17, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz launches pre-owned car business in India - Jun 28, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz recalls over 100,000 vehicles - Oct 12, 2010
- Biggest Mercedes-Benz deal in a day in Aurangabad - Oct 15, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz optimistic about Indian market - Oct 03, 2009
- Mercedes-Benz sales soar - Apr 05, 2012
- Mercedes Benz to start finance arm - Jul 21, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz launches special edition model - Aug 20, 2009
- Honegg to replace Aulbur as Mercedes' India chief - Nov 27, 2010