Men buy more grocery online than women, shows studyOctober 4th, 2011 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 4 (IANS) Men outnumber women in buying grocery items online, revealed a survey of online buyers.
“Males are more inclined to shop for groceries online with women contributing to only 37 percent of buyers,” said the report titled the State of Online Grocery Shopping (SOGS).
The report revealed that online groceries shopping was dominated by the age group 36-45 years old.
“As compared to other segments where youth comprises large chunk of buyers for groceries, women in the age group of 36 to 45 years is the largest shoppers segment,” the report said.
The survey was conducted by online retail portal Aaramshop, which allows buyers to shop for daily items online while the delivery is taken care of by the local grocery store.
The study is based on actual online shopping done through 100 retail partners for groceries and fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) brands across 29 product categories in the National Capital Region (NCR).
According to the report, changes in lifestyles and hectic schedules have encouraged people to opt for online shopping of groceries.
“Its not just latest gadgets, accessories, apparels and home appliances, the male is buying groceries online to help his better half with household works,” the report added.
It said male online shoppers opt to buy grocery between 4.00 p.m. and 8.00 p.m. while women tend to shop throughout the day.
- Delhi most active in e-commerce: eBay - Dec 08, 2010
- Drunk shoppers boosting online sales - Dec 29, 2011
- US online spending up - May 10, 2012
- Black Friday Brings Online Bonanza In 2010 - Nov 20, 2010
- Now, shop at multiple stores and pay with one credit card transaction! - Nov 20, 2010
- Oz retailers fight online rivals with 'try-on' charges - Apr 11, 2011
- Amazon launches grocery home delivery - Jul 07, 2010
- 59 percent of Asians use Internet in purchase decisions - Sep 21, 2010
- Online Diwali shopping is booming - Nov 03, 2010
- Britain's retail sales fall in January - Jan 27, 2012
- More Brits to shop online than go to church on Christmas - Dec 23, 2010
- Men not as good as women when it comes to grocery shopping: Oz study - Aug 25, 2010
- Mumbaikars top list of online shoppers: Assocham - Jul 03, 2011
- US Black Friday shoppers spend more than in 2008 - Nov 29, 2009
- Fact sheet on India's retail trade industry - Nov 24, 2011
Tags: 45 years, age group, apparels, chunk, fmcg brands, groceries shopping, grocery shopping, hectic schedules, home appliances, latest gadgets, local grocery store, moving consumer goods, ncr, New Delhi, online groceries, online shoppers, product categories, report changes, retail partners, which allows buyers