Mefcom Capital signs pact with London merchant bankSeptember 8th, 2011 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 8 (IANS) Brokerage and investment banking firm Mefcom Capital Markets Ltd Thursday said it has signed an agreement with London-based merchant bank Beaufort International Associates Ltd to share resources and introduce potential clients keen for joint venture partners in India, UK and Europe.
The companies will offer brand franchising and international licensing transactions, cross-border corporate advisory and due diligence work and stock broking services for foreign institutional investors, domestic institutions, high net worth individuals and corporate houses.
“This strategic tie-up between Mefcom and Beaufort shall bring their services at the doorstep of the clients, offering them local expertise at competitive pricing,” said Vijay Mehta, chairman and chief executive officer, Mefcom Group.
“Together, the alliance brings a vast experience in value-added cross-border financial-services to all those who are looking to derive the benefits of global best practices,” he added.
According to Tanvier Malik, chief executive officer of Beaufort International said that the company’s alliance with Mefcom is very timely since India has a stable economy, with booming foreign exchange reserves and high growth in its manufacturing and services sectors.
“The policy makers in India continue to be inclined to push reforms in the financial sector. Recent announcement by ministry of finance to allow foreign individuals to invest upto $10 billion in the domestic mutual fund industry is another step in this direction,” he said.
The alliance plans to open offices in Mumbai, Kolkata and South India in due course so as to service clients on a pan-India basis providing them access to markets in India, the Middle-East, UK and Europe.
- Investment banking firms Mefcom, Beaufort sign accord - Jul 28, 2011
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Britain raises Vodafone tax issue with Mukherjee (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- $99 mn World Bank aid for Indo-Nepal border energy pact - Jun 22, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani border guards to prevent truce violations - Jul 05, 2012
- India, EU to conclude trade, investment talks by Oct-Nov - Jun 26, 2012
- Britain raises Vodafone tax issue with Mukherjee - Apr 02, 2012
- Kerala's agenda tailor-made to attract investments: Chandy (With Images) - May 15, 2012
- Geojit to lure Arab investors to Indian bourses - Jun 21, 2012
- IDBI opens branch in Dubai - Jun 03, 2010
- BSF trooper killed on India-Pakistan border - May 14, 2011
- India may allow Pakistani investments - Feb 16, 2012
- Tunnel incident against India-Pakistan CBMs - Aug 02, 2012
- Business booms for labour laws outsourcing units - Aug 19, 2010
- Kerala has a lot to offer, Chandy tells business leaders (Lead, With images) - May 15, 2012
Tags: capital markets ltd, chief executive officer, corporate houses, domestic institutions, due diligence, foreign exchange reserves, foreign institutional investors, high net worth individuals, india basis, investment banking firm, joint venture partners, london merchant, merchant bank, ministry of finance, services sectors, share resources, south india, stable economy, stock broking, vijay mehta