Meet on entrepreneurship development in HyderabadOctober 24th, 2008 - 1:47 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Oct 24 (IANS) TiE-ISB Connect 2008, the annual networking event for entrepreneurs and investors, will be organised at the Indian School of Business (ISB) here Nov 5-7.The event is being jointly organised by the Wadhwani Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (WCED) and the Hyderabad chapter of The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE), a non-profit organisation aimed at promoting entrepreneurship.
The theme for this year’s TiE-ISB Connect is to tap the ‘The next 800 million opportunity’. The meet will also review the overall economic growth patterns, compare the scenario with developed nations, and explore possible models for India.
Another issue to be taken up is the migration of labour from the primary farming sector to secondary manufacturing sector and then to tertiary services sector including wage arbitrage, said a statement by the organisers.
TiE-ISB Connect 2008 received 149 executive summaries out of which 112 were received under the bright ideas category and 37 under the cool start-ups category. The business plan showcase this year attracted over 200 entries.
HDFC Bank chairman Deepak Parekh will deliver the key-note address on “wealth creation and inclusive growth”. Other eminent keynote speakers are ITC chairman Y.C. Deveshwar, Reliance Retail’s president and chief executive Bijou Kurien, and David Kayle of global venture fund Acumen Fund.
“Inclusive growth in India requires equal opportunities and entrepreneurship has the potential to meet this demand,” said ISB deputy dean Ajit Rangnekar.
“ISB has focused its efforts to nurture entrepreneurs who will create ventures that will generate opportunities and wealth in the rural and ancillary sectors,” he added.
- ISB event to provide start-up businesses access to funding - Dec 01, 2011
- India should not suffer grid collapse: Deveshwar - Aug 01, 2012
- Indus Entrepreneurs to honour young entrepreneurs - Nov 03, 2010
- ISB signs MoU to offer executive education in Pakistan (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Experts welcome SIDBI fund for service sector startups - May 21, 2012
- Era of affordable business ahead: ISB Dean - Mar 13, 2010
- See bigger picture, not quick money: Amartya Sen - Dec 21, 2010
- ISB signs MoU to offer executive education in Pakistan (with images) - Apr 13, 2012
- Global IIT meet for first time in Kolkata in December - Aug 01, 2012
- ITC plans mega investments across businesses - Jul 23, 2010
- Foundation stone of ISB's second campus in Mohali laid - Aug 11, 2010
- ITC plans Rs.23,000 crore investment over 10 years (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 23, 2010
- TiE announces awards for entrepreneurs - Aug 29, 2012
- Three keys to make India-US ties soar - Jul 16, 2012
- Consider Bengal your 'dreamland', Mamata woos industrialists (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012