Media stars to accompany Obama on his foreign tourJuly 17th, 2008 - 5:14 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 17 (ANI): When Senator Barack Obama heads for Iraq and other places overseas this summer, he will be accompanied by the whos who of the American media world.
According to the New York Times, prominent network anchors Brian Williams (NBC), Charles Gibson (ABC) and Katie Couric (CBS) are expected to go with Obama.
While the anchors are jockeying for interviews with Obama at stops along his route, the regulars on the Obama campaign plane will have new seatmates: star political reporters from the major newspapers and magazines who are flocking to catch Obama’’s first overseas trip since becoming the presumptive Democratic nominee.
A “Meet the Press” interview is also being planned.
Obama remains an object of fascination in the news media, a built-in feature of being the first black presidential nominee for a major political party and a relative newcomer to the national stage.
Executives at the three traditional networks say they generally devote the same resources to the candidates. But they do not dispute that Obama has received more coverage this year, not only because of the historic nature of his campaign and his newness to the political scene relative to Mr. McCain, but also because of the protracted nature of Mr. Obama’’s primary battle with Mrs. Clinton, which was at a peak when Mr. McCain last went to Iraq.
Obamas first visit overseas since becoming the party’’s presumptive nominee would be an opportunity for voters to see how he handles two of their major concerns: national security and foreign affairs. (ANI)
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in a movie - Mar 10, 2011
- Romney creates history in clinching Republican nomination (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Mitt Romney clinches Republican nomination - May 30, 2012
- Oprah's Comments To 'Parade' Construed As U.S. Is Too Smart To Be Seduced By Sarah Palin's Presidency - Dec 24, 2010
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- Sarah Palin accused of being a 'paranoid' woman - Feb 23, 2011
- US must support India's Security Council bid: McCain (Lead) - Nov 06, 2010
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- John McCain supports Paul Ryan - Aug 13, 2012
- The top ten political scoops of 2008 revealed - Dec 27, 2008
- Meghan McCain Writes On 'Dirty Sexy Politics' - Sep 01, 2010
- US Democrat Geraldine passes away, aged 75 - Mar 27, 2011
- After five-state sweep, Romney readies to battle Obama (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- McCain takes on Obama on Iraq stance - Jul 28, 2008
- US senator meets Kashmir governor, chief minister - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: barack obama, brian williams nbc, campaign plane, charles gibson, katie couric, katie couric cbs, media stars, meet the press, mr mccain, mrs clinton, national stage, network anchors, new york times, overseas trip, political reporters, presumptive democratic nominee, presumptive nominee, relative newcomer, senator barack obama, traditional networks