McLeod Russel’s 2010-11 net profit up 7 percentMay 30th, 2011 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 30 (IANS) The world’s largest tea producer, McLeod Russel India Limited Monday announced that it has posted a consolidated net profit of Rs.246.47 crore last fiscal (2010-11) compared to Rs.230.92 crore in the fiscal before, registering an increase of seven percent.
The company’s EBTIDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortisation) stood at Rs.380.11 crore in 2010-11 as against Rs.367 crore in the year before, showing a rise of four percent.
“Consolidated sales quantity for last fiscal was up by 12.1 million kg to 94.7 million kg from 82.6 million kg pervious year,” said managing director Aditya Khitan, announcing the financial results of the company.
Informing that consolidated production of the company stood at 96.3 million kg in the last financial year, he said production target for this fiscal was 102 million kg.
“Our production target for this financial year is 80 million kg from India, 4.5 million kg from Vietnam, 15.5 million kg from Uganda and 2 million kg from Rwanda,” he said.
He said McLeod Russel Uganda Limited (MRUL) had sold and exported 16.5 million kg at an average price of $1.84 per kg and achieved turnover of $30 million in the first year of operation under McLeod Russel Group.
Phu Ben Tea Company in Vietnam has sold and exported 4.3 million kg of tea at an average price of $1.82 per kg last fiscal, he added.
The company has also acquired a Vietnamese tea company, Phu Ben, through its wholly-owned unit in Britain, Borelli Tea Holdings.
- McLeod expects biofuel project to bear fruit in a year - May 31, 2010
- Tea firm McLeod Russel to invest $6 mn in Africa - May 30, 2011
- McLeod Russel plans blending unit in Dubai - Aug 02, 2010
- McLeod Russel expects tea price to go up - Oct 27, 2009
- McLeod acquires six tea gardens in Uganda - Dec 23, 2009
- McLeod Russel eyeing tea plantations in Africa (Lead) - Jul 28, 2009
- Tea firm McLeod Russel's net profit dips 13 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- McLeod Russel net profit up 61.5 percent - Jan 29, 2009
- McLeod Russel eyeing plantations in Africa - Jul 28, 2009
- McLeod Russel sees Rs.150 a kg price realisation - Aug 02, 2010
- Love your morning cuppa? Get ready to pay more - Feb 09, 2012
- Mcleod Russel's Q1 net profit Rs 37.33 crore - Jul 29, 2011
- McLeod Russel's unit acquires 75 percent stake in US firm - Aug 25, 2009
- Jay Shree Tea fetches higher returns - Jul 26, 2012
- McLeod Russel eyeing 10 mn kg tea production in Vietnam - Jun 03, 2009
Tags: 1 million, 30 million, 5 million, 6 million, aditya, borelli, consolidated sales, depreciation, earnings, india limited, kg, managing director, mcleod russel, net profit, phu, production target, rwanda, tea company, tea producer, turnover