McDonald’s Makeover To Be Worth Billions Of DollarsApril 15th, 2010 - 8:02 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
April 15, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): The junk food or snack food franchise, McDonald’s, is preparing to use up as much as $5 billion to modernize thousands of its restaurants during the next few years. This has been reported by Crain’s Chicago Business. These fixes will go further than smartening up the lavatories or renaming the menu stuff.
In line with Crain’s, in the next five years, McDonald’s wishes to pay out billions of dollars to refashion thousands of its American restaurants with up-to-the-minute features such as plasma TVs, lounge chairs and electric fireplaces. The company will also insert free Wi-fi and ‘stone facades’ to the stores and endeavor to execute convenient upgrading like broadening drive-ins to two lanes.
Company directors are purportedly in quest of branding McDonald’s again, rejuvenating it and supplying it more of a coffee house feel to harmonize the new coffee they have added to the menu. In the process, McDonald’s wishes to magnetize fresh clientele and heighten average yearly sales at each refurbished restaurant from $2.3 million to $3.1 million during the next four to five years.
Phil Lempert is a specialist on food advertising. He has declared in an interview that McDonald’s has dealt with dissimilar spaces for decades. They require more than that. Opponents of McDonald’s have pronounced that, to transform its image, McDonald’s should transform its menu. Hordes of people will arrive if the foodstuffs and beverages are altered.
McDonald’s has already adopted some measures towards attaining this objective. It has bequeathed premium foodstuffs like the $4 angus burgers and specialty coffee. Other snack food stores like KFC are plummeting deeper into voracious menu items like the Double Down sandwich.
Some analysts have divulged that, if McDonald’s yearns to advance its average check with more premium foodstuffs, it has to have sophisticated stores that appeal to the eyes of the customers.
- McDonalds to undergo a makeover worth billions of dollars - Apr 15, 2010
- McDonald's makeover to be worth $5 billion - Apr 17, 2010
- McDonald playing around with new chicken recipes - May 23, 2011
- McDonald Gearing Up For Major Makeover Session - Apr 17, 2010
- McDonald's to give free fruit with every Happy Meal - Jul 27, 2011
- McDonald's not dropping health benefits - Oct 01, 2010
- McDonald's franchisee to invest Rs.500 crore - Feb 21, 2011
- Ruby's And Sonic Reinstate Carhops On Roller Skates - Apr 13, 2010
- McDonald's 'Dollar Menu' an ideal model for corporate success in tough times - Jul 15, 2009
- Mcdonald's Faces Lawsuit For Luring Children With Happy Meal Toys - Jun 23, 2010
- Burger King Free Coffee Offer A Boon For Coffee Lovers! - Nov 05, 2010
- McDonald's net income goes down - Jul 24, 2012
- From a Punjab kitchen, these sweets, snacks have travelled far - Jan 28, 2011
- McDonald's to pay Brazilian ex-employee $17,500 for weight he gained on the job - Oct 29, 2010
- McWedding: Weddings to take place soon at McDonald's - Oct 15, 2010
Tags: american restaurants, chicago business, coffee house, company directors, electric fireplaces, food advertising, food franchise, foodstuffs, free wi fi, lavatories, lounge chairs, men at work, minute features, pen men, phil lempert, plasma tvs, snack food, specialty coffee, stone facades, worth billions