Mazda to recall about 290,000 cars in Europe, AustraliaAugust 19th, 2010 - 11:41 am ICT by IANS
Tokyo, Aug 19 (DPA) Japanese carmaker Mazda Motor Corp is to recall some 288,000 vehicles over possible loss of power steering in major overseas markets including Europe and Australia, increasing the number of overseas recalls to 513,000, a company spokesman said Thursday.
The recall applies to 2007-09 model year versions of Mazda3 and Mazda5 vehicles manufactured from April 2007 through November 2008. The vehicles were produced in Japan and sold abroad.
Mazda had already recalled 215,000 vehicles in the US this week over similar problems. Its joint venture in China also announced last week that it recalled 10,691 vehicles imported from Japan over similar problems.
Tests on these vehicles suggested that rust in the hydraulic pumps for power steering could lead to a sudden loss of power steering while driving the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash, Kyodo News reported Wednesday citing the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Mazda Motor Corp to recall 215,000 vehicles due to a steering issue - Aug 19, 2010
- Mazda Issues Recall for 215,000 Cars Due To Loss of Power Steering - Aug 19, 2010
- Honda recalls over 52,600 vehicles in US - May 18, 2012
- General Motors recalls 154,000 cars over technical problems - May 06, 2011
- Mazda plans $1.25 bn capital increase - Feb 21, 2012
- Honda to recall 1.35 million Fit subcompacts over a headlight issue - Dec 17, 2010
- Spiders' webs discovered in Mazda cars - Mar 04, 2011
- Toyota recalls 420000 vehicles over steering issue - Nov 10, 2011
- Toyota recalls 420,000 cars in US - Nov 10, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz recalls over 100,000 vehicles - Oct 12, 2010
- General Motors recalls over 6,000 vehicles - Mar 26, 2012
- Toyota fixing leaky hoses in over 1.6 mn vehicles - Mar 02, 2010
- Toyota recalls Prius, three other car models - Feb 10, 2010
- Toyota recalls 400,000 cars in US - Jul 29, 2010
- NASA's delays launch of space shuttle Endeavour till May 2 - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,