Maywood City Outsourcing Everything, Aiming For “Municipal Genius”July 21st, 2010 - 7:26 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Maywood, July 21, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A high school student of Maywood city was stopped and questioned on more than three occasions by the security officials in a span of one week. So what made you turn out to be the interest of the security official Mr. Quezada? Well he was walking in the night with an “overstuffed bag” that made him appear highly suspicious. We get the message. Sheriff Department is alert. However, three times, the same suspect is a bit hard to digest.
Whats going on in Maywood City? The city officials have decided to outsource everything and have fired all employees to make sure that they can breathe fine in an environ of extensive cuts. Reportedly, the Parking enforcement officers were let easy off their contract while the City Hall workers were simply dismissed. Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department has taken over the Police Department for all public safety duties.
So is it the Apocalypse for this Hispanic city? The citizens would be assaulted when they take a walk in the streets. Children shall have nowhere to play and landlords shall be left at the mercy of the tenants to pay rents owing to city run-services. Don’t be alarmed. That’s not whats going to happen in a city which has been hovering with it’s idea of outsourcing. Magdalena Prado who happens to be a contractual city spokesperson told the media that Maywood City doesn’t want to be a role model for other cities of the state in terms of axing employees. However, the recent decision has been regarded as an act of Municipal Genius and residents are happy about it.
- Maywood City Fires Everyone, Outsources Everything, "Municipal Genius"? - Jul 21, 2010
- Maywood City Services Improve As It Begins To Outsource Everything - Jul 21, 2010
- Maywood City outsources everything - Jul 21, 2010
- Police warn of terrorists taking refuge in Kolkata - Jul 13, 2011
- UP sacks contractual employees in urban local bodies - Jul 25, 2012
- High alert sounded in Kolkata after blasts (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Anthony Franzese sues landlord for $21 million over AC accident - Nov 12, 2010
- Apex court upholds needy landlord's right to evict tenant - Jan 07, 2012
- Newspaper editor's son slain in Mexico - Jul 23, 2011
- Tenant can apply for separate water connection: Court - Feb 21, 2010
- Collect power dues before tenant vacates premises: Court - Jun 14, 2011
- 29,000 Colombians evacuated due to floods - Apr 24, 2011
- Apex court upholds needy landlord's right to evict tenant (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Two-day bank strike from Wednesday - Aug 20, 2012
- Omega Healthcare to hire 1,000 employees in India - Aug 11, 2011
Tags: apocalypse, city hall, city officials, genius, hispanic city, landlords, los angeles county, los angeles county sheriff, magdalena, parking enforcement officers, police department, prado, public safety, rents, role model, security official, security officials, sheriff department, spokesperson, three times