Max India to acquire Warburg Pincus’s stake in Max HealthcareJune 17th, 2011 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) The Analjit Singh-promoted Max India Friday said that it has got approval for acquisition of private equity firm Warburg Pincus group’s entire shareholding of 16.37 percent in Max Healthcare Institute for Rs.140 crore.
“The board of directors of the company accorded its approval for acquisition of 47,617,924 equity shares of Rs.10 each of Max Healthcare Institute Limited (MHC), constituting the entire shareholding of 16.37 percent held by entities forming part of Warburg Pincus group,” the company said in a regulatory filing.
The acquisition is expected to be completed by Dec 15, 2011, after receipt of all regulatory approvals.
With this acquisition, the company’s equity shareholding in Max Healthcare Institute would stand increased to 91.84 percent.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the shares of the company closed up 0.25 percent at Rs.177.50.
- Analjit Singh to be non-executive chairman of Vodafone India - Feb 10, 2012
- SBI's third quarter net profit up 15.38 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Defining moment expected for corporate mergers, takeovers (Comment) - Jul 18, 2010
- iGate acquires majority stake in Patni Computers - Jan 10, 2011
- Fortis Healthcare to buy sister arm Fortis International - Sep 19, 2011
- Reliance Capital mulling bonus, banking entry: Ambani - Sep 27, 2011
- Cash-rich Piramal picks up another 5.5 percent in Vodafone - Feb 04, 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines' board approves Rs.2,000 crore rights issue - Aug 26, 2011
- iGate proposes to de-list Patni Computer Systems - Nov 16, 2011
- TCS profit jumps 37.4 percent in April-June quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- BHEL's net profit rises 46.52 percent - May 23, 2011
- Tata steel sells majority stake in refractory unit - Apr 21, 2011
- Star Health to raise Rs.150 crore fresh capital - Jul 31, 2012
- Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam to merge (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Fortis buys Singapore diagnostic firm for $50 mn, stock up - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: acquisition, board of directors, bombay stock exchange, entities, healthcare institute, max india, New Delhi, private equity firm, receipt, regulatory approvals, shareholding, stake, warburg pincus