Matrix offers 30 min free calling to India from US, BritainAugust 13th, 2012 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) Matrix Cellular, provider of telecommunication solutions for Indians travelling abroad, Monday said it has launched a new service under which customers can avail 30 minutes of free calling time from US and Britain after paying Rs.499 upfront.
“Indian customers are very apprehensive when it comes to using mobile services abroad for the enormous amount of charges involved. Through this plan we want to break that tendency,” Arun Batra, chief executive officer, Matrix Cellular told IANS.
Under this plan, people going to the US will have to pay an additional $1 per day apart from the activation charges and those travelling to Britain will be required to pay only the upfront Rs.499. The mode of payment would be through credit card and it will be a post-paid connection.
Currently, using an Indian number on international roaming, a customer has to pay around Rs.140 per minute to make calls from Britain and around Rs.250 a minute from US.
The company has also launched data plans offering 3GB data services per month for $45 for customers going to US and a 10 pound plan offering 200 MB data services for customers going to Britain.
A Matrix SIM card will enable customers to save on their international roaming expenses by making free calls to India, the company said.
- Idea Cellular slashes 3G tariffs by 70 percent - May 22, 2012
- Court relief for Matrix Cellular - Oct 28, 2011
- Airtel slashes 3G data tariff by 70 percent - May 17, 2012
- Court notice to Vodafone - Nov 17, 2011
- Vodafone India offers new international roaming pack - Jun 26, 2012
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Tata Indicom launches Blackberry Bold 9650 for CDMA users - Oct 29, 2010
- BSNL to expand 3G services to 120 more cities by December - Nov 04, 2010
- BSNL 3G services to be in 760 cities by December (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Nov 04, 2010
- Sachin Pilot launches unique plan for BSNL customers - Nov 04, 2010
- Etisalat unveils UAE's lowest mobile data roaming rates - Jul 22, 2011
- MTS launches 30 paise plan for calls - Jul 05, 2012
- Mobile phone firms go all out to woo other's customers - Jan 25, 2011
- Reliance triples data download limit for 3G subscribers in festival offer - Sep 09, 2011
- MTS crosses 10 million customers, re-brands itself - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: 30 minutes, cellular provider, chief executive officer, credit card, free calls to india, indian customers, indians, matrix, mb data, mobile services, New Delhi, rs 250, sim card, telecommunication solutions, tendency, upfront, will enable customers