MasterCard, C-SAM to jointly offer mobile wallet serviceMay 18th, 2012 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 18 (IANS) Mobile technology firm C-SAM Friday said it has joined hands with MasterCard to provide “mobile wallet” service in the Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa.
The two company will jointly offer “an attractive, scalable and flexible mobile wallet solution” to mobile operators, retail banks and payment providers in the three regions.
The companies will launch a wide range of mobile contactless payment services blended with offers, coupons and rich value added services to their customers.
“The joint solution will solve complexities of managing multiple mobile devices and operating systems, secure elements, and connections to multiple third party systems,” the companies said in a joint statement.
Mobile operators and financial institutions will be able to offer a best in breed user experience to their customers while staying focused on relevant, customisable and profitable mobile services.
“Our partnership with C-SAM offers telcos in the region a NFC solution that comes pre-packaged with prepaid instance issuance, TSM integration and coupon redemption at the point of sale and offers a path to a truly multichannel payment wallet through PayPass Wallet Services,” Raj Dhamodharan, regional head of mobile and e-commerce services for Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa for MasterCard.
Commenting on the partnership, Felix Marx, CEO, C-SAM said: “We are very proud to be working with MasterCard to offer this innovative solution.”
“The synergistic combination of MasterCard’s deep expertise in payments systems with C-SAM’s extensive experience in mobile wallet technology and deployments has resulted in a powerful and flexible solution that we believe effectively addresses the needs of major players across the mobile ecosystem for an integrated mobile services offering,” Marx said.
The US-based C-SAM provides a range of mobile phone based applications for financial as well as non-financial services.
- Pitroda creation creates waves in mobile commerce market - Aug 06, 2011
- Sam Pitroda's C-Sam in pact for secure mobile transactions - Sep 09, 2009
- Google to turn your smartphones into credit cards! - Mar 30, 2011
- Airtel launches online payment system in Africa - Sep 15, 2011
- Digital wallets will subsume paper money in 30 years: Sam Pitroda (Interview) - Sep 11, 2010
- Airtel ropes in Infosys for mobile wallet service - Feb 27, 2012
- Pitroda now promises 'digital wallet' in mobiles - Sep 08, 2010
- Pune born, Delhi educated Ajay Banga is new CEO of MasterCard - Apr 13, 2010
- MasterCard's Ajay Banga to head USIBC - Apr 16, 2012
- Nigerian bank deploys Infosys' Finacle software - Apr 16, 2012
- The Promise of Mobile Phone Payments - Nov 22, 2007
- Israeli credit card data hacked - Jan 03, 2012
- Tarang Software expanding India operations - Nov 02, 2009
- Reliance Mobile launches map search platform (Business Capsule-2) - Sep 10, 2009
- Need to shift from cash to electronic payment: Subbarao - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: asia pacific, coupon redemption, customisable, deployments, e commerce services, financial institutions, flexible solution, innovative solution, mobile ecosystem, mobile operators, mobile services, mobile technology, payments systems, regional head, retail banks, synergistic combination, technology firm, value added services, wallet service, wallet technology