Master plan of Kerala Technocity readyAugust 17th, 2012 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 17 (IANS) The master plan of the proposed Rs.5,000-crore Technocity to come up in a 450-acre campus near the Technopark campus here is ready, say senior officials.
This state-of-the-art integrated IT township with up to 30 million square feet of built up space will have IT/ITES infrastructure, residential apartments, shopping malls with multiplexes, hospitals, hotels and educational institutions besides other facilities.
“We have been getting inquiries from across the world seeking information on investment potential. Technocity will be showcased during the Emerging Kerala event in Sept and Gitex to be held in Oct,” said K.G. Girish Babu, CEO of Technopark here Friday.
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) has announced to set up its Global Learning Academy with an investment of around Rs.1,500 crore on 82-acre land allotted in the campus.
Infosys, which has 50-acre land in Special Economic Zone in Technopark Phase-II, will set up its second campus here.
Technopark would also be developing a 50-acre campus for companies who want to set up their IT/ITES units.
“Technocity master plan is prepared by eminent professionals. We are confident that the project would help generate more talent and job opportunities in the state and put Kerala on the global IT map,” said M.V. Vasudevan, senior manager-business development at Technopark.
- Infosys to set up second campus in Thiruvananthapuram - Apr 04, 2012
- TCS signs biggest land deal in Kerala infotech sector - Jan 05, 2011
- TCS to set up training centre at Technocity - Sep 13, 2010
- Capgemini to set up shop in Thiruvananthapuram - Jan 06, 2012
- Kerala Technocity project to be launched June 4 - May 29, 2010
- Technopark creating big employment in Kerala - Mar 30, 2012
- Chandy rides bicycle to launch IT Park's green initiative - Dec 06, 2011
- Kerala software park land acquisition complete - Feb 08, 2010
- IT made giant strides in Kerala under Left rule: Achuthanandan - Jan 09, 2011
- Kerala invites IT firms to set up base in Technopark - Jan 20, 2010
- Kerala IT park on expansion drive - Nov 12, 2011
- After TCS, Oracle to set foot in Kerala - Sep 24, 2010
- Infosys accounts for 18 percent of Kerala's IT exports - Feb 17, 2011
- Kerala IT team to visit global infotech fair - Mar 01, 2011
- Cognizant expands its Kochi operations - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: 30 million, acre campus, acre land, babu, educational institutions, eminent professionals, girish, gitex, global learning academy, infosys, manager business development, residential apartments, rs 1, senior officials, shopping malls, special economic zone, tata consultancy services, tata consultancy services ltd, tcs, thiruvananthapuram