Maruti’s Rs.4,000 crore plant to come up in GujaratJune 2nd, 2012 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, June 2 (IANS) Passenger car major Maruti Suzuki India Ltd Saturday signed a pact with the Gujarat government for setting up a Rs.4,000-crore vehicle manufacturing facility.
Maruti Managing Director and CEO Shinzo Nakanishi and Gujarat Principal Secretary for Industry Maheshwar Sahu signed the agreement for purchasing land near Mehsana, an official statement said.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi was present on the occasion.
The statement said MSIL will invest around Rs.4,000-crore in the first phase for land and construction of the plant, to be situated around 100 km from Ahmedabad.
By 2015-16, MSIL plans to roll out around 250,000 vehicles from the plant and plan future capacity expansion based on market conditions, what will be a complete vehicle manufacturing facility.
MSIL has been allocated around 700 acres land for the new facility. Maruti will become the second major vehicle manufacturer after Tata to set up a plant in Gujarat.
Along with the Maruti’s existing facilities at Gurgaon and Manesar in Haryana which presently manufacture around 1.75 million vehicles, the Mehsana plant with an initial capacity of 250,000 units will hike the company’s combined manufacturing capability to two million units by 2015-16.
The company expects that the Mehsana facility will generate direct employment for over 2,000 people, besides additional employment generation potential in the ancillary units and a supplier park in the vicinity.
Besides, MSIL hopes that its vendors and ancillary suppliers would invest at matching levels in Gujarat.
In the meanwhile, MSIL will continue to increase its production at Manesar where a third assembly line with a capacity of 250,000 units is expected to be operational by 2013-14.
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Maruti not to abandon Manesar plant, says Bhargava (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Haryana gets Rs 4,700 crore industrial investment - Apr 23, 2012
- Maruti plans 10 lakh capacity plant in Gujarat - May 31, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki to buy land in Gujarat for unit - Oct 29, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches new Swift model - Aug 17, 2011
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Tamil Nadu okay with Ford's decision to invest in Gujarat - Jul 28, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki cars to cost more - Jan 05, 2012
- Peugeot to set up Rs.4000 crore facility in Gujarat - Sep 02, 2011
- Maruti strike continues for sixth day, production hit - Oct 12, 2011
- Maruti likely to get land in Gujarat's Mehsana in June - Apr 13, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki rolls out first millionth car in a year - Mar 23, 2010
- Maruti to focus on diesel cars (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Talks to start Monday to resolve Maruti strike - Oct 15, 2011
Tags: ancillary units, capacity expansion, chief minister, crore, employment generation, gandhinagar, gujarat government, gurgaon, india ltd, initial capacity, manesar, maruti, million vehicles, nakanishi, narendra modi, passenger car, principal secretary, purchasing land, shinzo, vehicle manufacturer