Maruti worker sent to police custody for 5 daysAugust 16th, 2012 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Aug 16 (IANS) Maruti worker Jiyalal, the main accused in the violence at the car maker’s Manesar plant July 18, was Thursday sent to police custody for five days by a court here, police said.
He was presented before Judicial Magistrate Sandeep Yadav after his arrest Wednesday from Dharuhera in Rewari district of Haryana, police said.
Jiyalal was suspended after he slapped supervisor Ramkishore Manjhi over his alleged casteist remark July 18, police said.
The plant, which has two production lines assembling some 1,200 cars a day, was shut following the violence that claimed the life of Maruti’s senior executive Awanish Kumar Dev and left nearly 100 others injured.
Maruti declared a lockout in the plant July 21.
- Maruti violence may be planned: cops - Jul 21, 2012
- Cleaning exercise begins at Maruti factory - Jul 21, 2012
- SIT to probe fresh violence in Maruti Manesar plant (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki to resume operations at Manesar soon - Aug 14, 2012
- Trade unions to march in support of Maruti workers - Aug 16, 2012
- Trade unions demand end of Maruti lockout, CBI probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Maruti management thanks locals for support - Aug 16, 2012
- 'Maruti executive paid for another officer's remarks' - Jul 27, 2012
- Maruti to decide on restarting Manesar plant - Aug 12, 2012
- SIT to probe Maruti's fresh violence - Jul 19, 2012
- Police to question 10 Maruti union leaders for a week - Aug 02, 2012
- 'Lockout to continue in Maruti's Manesar plant' - Jul 30, 2012
- Therapy for Maruti factory violence victims - Aug 06, 2012
- Maruti's Manesar plant incident was a criminal act: Suzuki - Aug 23, 2012
- 10 Maruti union leaders arrested - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , ,