Maruti to launch new hatchback May 15May 5th, 2009 - 8:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 5 (IANS) India’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki Tuesday said it will launch its new hatchback ‘Ritz’ May 15.
“Ritz, which will be available in petrol and diesel variants, will be India’s first BS-IV compliant car,” the company said in a statement, referring to the Bharat Stage IV emission norms.
The car is positioned in the premium A2 market segment, which includes its compact offerings such as Alto, WagonR, Swift, Zen and the newly-launched A-Star.
“Ritz is the eighth new model within 48 months following the launch of Swift, Zen Estilo, SX4, Swift Diesel, Grand Vitara, Swift Dzire and A-star,” the company said.
Ritz will be available with two different engine options: a brand new K-series of 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, 85PS petrol engine and a 1.3 litre, 16-valve, 75PS diesel engine, the company said.
- Maruti Suzuki grows 24.8 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's May sales down five percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki logs 9.2 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's January sales up 5.2 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Maruti's sales drop by 8.8 percent in June - Jul 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches SX4's diesel variant - Feb 22, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's September sales decline 20.8 percent - Oct 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's February sales up 6.5 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's February sales up 15.5 percent - Mar 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki sales dropped 7 percent in December - Jan 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's June sales rise 20 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's April sales up 3.4 percent - May 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki October sales up 39.2 percent - Nov 01, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki sales down 40 percent in August - Sep 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's December sales rise 39.7 percent - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: bs, car maker, compliant, diesel engine, emission norms, engine options, grand vitara, k series, launch, market segment, New Delhi, new model, offerings, petrol, ritz, swift, sx4, variants, wagonr, zen estilo