Maruti to invest Rs.1,700 crore in Manesar plant: Haryana ministerAugust 24th, 2012 - 11:46 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 24 (IANS) Despite the recent violence and the complete shutdown at its Manesar unit, automobile giant Maruti-Suzuki will invest Rs.1,700 crore in a new plant of the Manesar unit, a Haryana minister said here Friday.
State Industries Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala told the assembly that Maruti-Suzuki will invest Rs.1,700 crore for setting up the C-plant in its Manesar unit near Gurgaon, 45 km from New Delhi.
He said that plant-A and plant-B of the Manesar unit are back in production and 186 cars were produced Wednesday.
“Maruti is expected to restore its original production capacity within next fortnight or month,” Surjewala said, while replying to a call attention motion in the monsoon session of the state assembly.
He said that the Maruti management had expressed full confidence in the state government’s response to the incident and the question of relocation of its unit to anywhere outside Haryana did not arise at all.
Surjewala said Maruti was expanding its plant in Manesar and investing another Rs.3,500 crore for a motorcycle, international testing track and research and development facility in Rohtak, 250 km from here.
He said that Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had met the top management of the company twice and normalcy had returned to the Manesar plant. Adequate police force was stationed at the plant, Surjewala added.
A senior official of the company was killed and nearly 100 others injured in large-scale violence last month as workers rioted inside the plant and also set a part of it on fire.
- Haryana gets Rs 4,700 crore industrial investment - Apr 23, 2012
- Maruti not shifting from Haryana, Bhargava assures Hooda - Jul 23, 2012
- Haryana's industry scene is a 'mini-Japan' - Jan 23, 2011
- Maruti's Rs.4,000 crore plant to come up in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2012
- Haryana to post police battalion in Manesar - Aug 01, 2012
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Maruti's Manesar plant: 16 cars made on second day - Aug 22, 2012
- Maruti restarts Manesar plant with 400 workers (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Maruti to restart Manesar plant next week - Aug 16, 2012
- Not shying from investing in Haryana plants: Maruti Suzuki - Nov 03, 2011
- Maruti to pump in Rs.1,925 crore for new plant at Manesar - Sep 07, 2010
- Maruti's Manesar plant reopens after 34-day shutdown - Aug 21, 2012
- Haryana wants to stop contractual labour - Oct 31, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki rolls out first millionth car in a year - Mar 23, 2010
Tags: automobile, chandigarh, chief minister, crore, fortnight, hooda, industries minister, maruti suzuki, monsoon session, motorcycle international, New Delhi, normalcy, police force, randeep, relocation, research and development, state assembly, state government, top management, violence