Maruti Suzuki’s February sales up 15.5 percentMarch 1st, 2011 - 4:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 1 (IANS) Indian car market leader Maruti Suzuki Tuesday reported a 15.5 percent increase in its sales for February with 1,11,645 units being sold.”Maruti Suzuki India Limited sold a total of 1,11,645 vehicles in February 2011. This includes 10,102 units of exports. The company had sold a total of 96,650 vehicles in February 2010,” the company said in a statement.
According to the statement, the company reported an increase of 19.8 percent in its sales in the domestic market, which stood at 1,01,543 units as against 84,765 units in the corresponding period of last year.
Meanwhile, the company’s exports fell by 15 percent to 10,102 units from 11,885 units in the like period of last year.
Segment-wise, the company reported a growth of 19.4 percent for its compact car segment A2 at 72,090 units. Cars in this category include Alto, Wagon-R, Zen, Swift, Ritz and A-Star.
A high growth of about 27.05 percent was reported for the company’s sedan segment, including the SX4 and Dzire, with sales of 13,024 units.
The recently launched luxury-sedan from Maruti Suzuki Kizashi reported an initial sales of 25 units for last month. The car was launched in the same month and was followed by the introduction of the diesel variant of SX4.
- Indian automobile sector's February sales soar (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's February sales up 6.5 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Auto companies report healthy sales number for February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki creates February record in sales - Mar 02, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki sales up 22 percent - Mar 02, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki sales dropped 7 percent in December - Jan 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki logs 9.2 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki grows 24.8 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Maruti sales top 100,000 a month for first time - Jun 01, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki's January sales up 5.2 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki sales down 40 percent in August - Sep 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki April sales nudge up 4.4 percent - May 02, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki sales grow 14.74 percent at 109,743 units - Feb 01, 2011
- Maruti's sales drop by 8.8 percent in June - Jul 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's May sales down five percent - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: a2, car segment, cars, compact car, february sales, india limited, indian car market, initial sales, march 1, market leader, maruti suzuki, New Delhi, ritz, suzuki, suzuki kizashi, swift, sx4, zen